Help please 1st central wont post no claims bonus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am driven to distraction with 1st central insurance and direct line insurance and i am desperate for advice!!!

Had insurance with 1st central and cancelled it as got better deal with direct line, and these are the following steps i have taken to receive my no claims bonus and cancel:

12th april - called to cancel and requested no claims bonus

14th april - received letter demanding final payment which was not accurate, called 1st central and they apologised for mistake and cleared everything, asked again for no claims bonus. Man on the 12th had not cancelled nor requested no claims bonus. Asked for insurance to be cancelled and NCB sent.

26th april - called and spoke to 1st central about NCB still not been received in the post. Lady then told me no one had cancelled policy nor requested NCB as i was still active on her computer. Angry was an understatement - for the 3rd time cancelled policy and requested NCB.

Asked for proof to be sent via email - which was done

26th april - called direct line, who had sent me a letter saying if they did not have original copy, they would put premium up to £92.50 a month!!!

They refused any proof of NCB unless original in heavy paper, no email, fax or calling 1st central.

4th May - still had no received NCB, called 1st central and asked to speak to supervisor who said the letter went out, no idea why i had not received it, i asked for another one to get posted asap.

14th may - still neither NCB has been received and i am going to get charged £92.50 come 2nd june which i really cant afford.

what can i do???

(1) 1st central have apparently posted NCB twice, my post is coming fine so no problem at this end

(2) direct line is refusing to have any proof of NCB that isnt original paper document

should i cancel direct line and find an insurance company who takes email proof of NCB???

:(

thanks for any advice

do not cancel with DL as you will have to pay another cancellation fee. They WILL accept faxes & emails & they will call other insurers to confirm NCD as long as you have left instructions with your last insurer to disclose that info.

thanks,

however i asked direct line to call 1st central and they refused, 1st central wanted to email them, fax them accept calls and direct line said they will not accept proof unless its original documentation

Did you get a renewal notice from 1st Central before moving to Direct Line?

If you did, it should state how many years no claims you are entitled to, and should be accepted by Direct Line. I believe the document should be headed "Notice of Renewal"

I stand correct I have been advised by my OH (as she processes received NCD) that they did do this, but like the weather DL changed its mind again and will only accept the original. However, she did say it all depends on the consultant who takes the call as they can call the other insurer, it all depends on the amount of calls they have waiting.