Home Insurance Claim Partly Rejected - Advice Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently my home which I share with my flatmate was broken into and some of our stuff taken. We made a claim for the stolen items on the insurance.

when we have put in the claim the insurance company (more than) have informed us that i am not named on the policy. My flatmate used to live with her partner and when they split up I moved in to help with the rent. We informed more than that he had moved out and that i had moved in 18 months ago by letter 18 months ago however they are now saying that they have no record of this letter being sent. For the last 18 months I have been paying half of the premiums just like my flat mates ex partner was when he was living there. The policy before was for two people and if anything I have less valuable stuff than my flatmates ex had.

The insurance company have now came back to us and said they will pay out for my flatmates items however they will not pay for mine.

As you can imagine i am not happy to accept this as I have been paying for 18 months and now am about £500 out of pocket. Like I said we did send them a letter informing them of this change however as they said they did not receive this it is their word against ours.

I am not happy to just leave this however I am quite clueless when it comes to things like this so i was wondering if anyone can advise what my next move should be. i had a quick look on the morethan website and could not see anything about appeals but I will look more in depth as this was just done during a 15 minute break at work.

Any help or advice that can be given would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by charlie98u
typo

Hello there and welcome. Do you have a copy of the letter that you sent advising them that you were living there? I don't suppose it went Recorded Delivery?

Did More Than acknowledge this letter at any stage?

I'm sure some other caggers will be along to comment later or tomorrow.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yeah we have a copy of the letter but no stupidly we didn't send it recorded delivery. now i realise we should have.

No there was no acknowledgement of the letter from more than either.