Contents insurance claim and stolen sat nav

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am just wondering where I stand with the following as my insurance company say I am not covered. I am with More Than.

I was burgled and one of the items stolen was a portable Sat Nav system which was in the house, not the car. The insurance adjuster says it is not covered as it is a motor accessory. My policy states any motor accessories, attached or detached are not covered.

However, my point is that the sat nav is described as hand held or car navigation. Therefore, it is not necessarily a car accessory as it can be used to navigate when walking. On these grounds that, do I have a case for my claim??

Thanks

Pete

Yes you have a case to claim for it, advise your insurers that whilst it was a Sat Nav it was not a vehicle Sat Nav and as such was not a motor accessory.

If they argue then point out to them that even if you did not have a car you would still have had this particular device and therefore their argument has no validity, threaten them with a complaint to the FOS.

Mossy