car Insurance problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

looking for some help please.

We were insured with KwikFit from march 2008-2009 , in NOV 2008 my son had a low speed bump ( in which he nudged into a car in front at a junction - teh car made to move off then stopped ) . Minimal damage to TP ( bumper barely marked )and our car had broken front light . Insurance details were exchanged ( no witnesses) . I contacted KF to advise them and decided not to claim for our own car as the excesses were in region of £900( young driver)!! A couple of months later I contacted teh claims dept for update etc as had heard nothing , and when I asked if a claim had been made I was told it had not .. great !

the problem I now have is this ...I recieved a renewal from KF in March 2009 which I declined as I got a better qoute elsewhere . However a week or so later we then bougt a new car , and the company we were with woudlnt qoute us on that car with a young driver , so we did an online qoute and KF came up with best qoute .... I called and bought it - cost £2500(groan). BUT !!!!!!! I had totally forgot to metion that bump in Nov 2008.. hand on heart . I was only reminded of it in the last week or so , when KF send me a renewal for 2010-2011 and said I had an outstanding balance with them . perplexed I called , and was told that as I had not declared the Nov 2008 incident I was due them £862 for the April 2009-april 2010 policy which had just ended ... as that woudl have been the cost had it been mentioned ??!!!!

Hello and Welcome, Nerroli.

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

funilly enough i have been dealing with a similar scenario in work. Basically following amendment to a policy an undisclosed SP30 came to light,so the extra premium was backdated over the past renewals and the money charged. However the PH complained and our customer relations refunded the money. Apparantly there is a big internal debate about wether we can charge for expired policys....in the end if the customer complains customer relations will refund as past cases have gone to the FOS and have sided with the customer. I have said how unfair this is as only people who push & complain will get off paying, where people who accept it,pay!!! It just dont make sense.