DVLA Marker wrongly put against my car by Aviva

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In December a car collided with my car whilst it was parked outside my home.

Aviva arrange for me to take my car for repair at their approved repairer.

It then transpires that the Driver of the car was uninsured and I would have to pay my £250 excess but they where hopeful of claiming it back and any other expenses ( I had paid £25 legal cover too )

I take the car to a repairer of my own who quotes me just £150 to fix the car.

I tell Aviva that I will not be having the car repaired through themselves they then stop the claim.

In the meantime my renewal comes through and has jumped by £200 !

They say its because I have a claim currently showing on the system,

Five telephone calls later I eventually get a letter from Aviva who say the claim has been removed from their systems.

Jump to Easter bank holiday and I have my car strategically placed on EBay motors to complete on Easter Bank Holiday Monday.

The auction only has two hours to complete and is nearly at £3k when I get an Email from a potential buyer telling me he has completed a Vehicle Status Report and the car is showing as a Total Loss can I please advise ?

I then in panic do a Data check to find that he is correct and my car is showing has a Cat D write off ( as of incident date )

I cannot pull the plug on the auction because of the time it has to go, so I have to telephone Ebay who pull the plug and completely wipe the auction from their system, not a trace left.

I don't even get an email to say that my item did not sell.

It takes Aviva five days to get the write off marker removed.

I re-list my car with a £2k reserve and this time it only sells for £2050 !!

I am seriously out of pocket, my reputation has been damaged and to top it all off Aviva have just offered me an insulting £150 !! in compensation.

I cant prove the car was at nearly £3k although Aviva complaints Manager has admitted he can see this is what they make in general.

I have obviously refused the offer and he says he must now pass it to the Chief Executive.

What should my course of action be here ? They only got interested after a letter from the Ombudsman ?

I cant prove the orginal auction total at withdrawal ?

Edited by Everett
spelling