Urgent Help with Council Tax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

I got a visit from Phoenix Baliffs yesterday for a council tax bill from an old property and i fully intend to pay it.

Now the story is as follows

I recieved a council tax demand notice for £204 for 1 month for my old flat dated the 5th Feb.

Immediately I phoned the council and then emailed them and have all correspondence with them as I left before the end of the month.

Hounslow replied to the email and sent out a new Demand Notice dated 11th March and readjusted the ammount to £159 and said that Phoenix Commercial will be in touch.

Now I havent heard anything from Phoenix until Yesterday a letter was left (Notice of Baliff having Visited)

I phoned straight away saying please can you tell me the ammount and he said £396 after I expalined he said no the ammount is £204 and fees for having visited. I explaind again that i have correspondance from Hounslow BC that the ammount he had was wrong and the Baliff became abusive and put the phone down

Then when I got home another letter titled Notice before removal and this time there was an ammount put in £396

Now I want to know as i have recieved no communication appart from the demand notice and no liabilty order (if done it was to the old address) or any correspondence of where to pay I want to know what my rights are?

Also how can I prove that they was at the old property

I have contacted Hounslow Borough Council and they are looking into

Any help would be appreciated

Not heard of Phoenix Commercial them before, but aparently have been around since 2009. Impressive record, the website is older at 2006.

It's never a good idea to contact someone who claims to represent a debt, unless the person you actually owe monies to has notified you in advance.

After all, beyond their say-so, what proof do you have they actually do represent the organisation. They could have overheard you on a bus, or simply be touting for business - both confidence tricks.

I found (edit) on the web but don't know if they are the same firm. Their website does not include any registration details, company number or proper address for 'head office'.

If they can't be professional, act professionally and responsibly, they probably aren't.

Keep contacting the Council directly and use letters.

Edited by ErikaPNP
commercial link removed

Find something to enjoy every day.

[20190624]