Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder marie72 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2010

Default Atos Medical Report.... what the hell!!

I had my medical assesment for ESA on 12th April. Last Friday I telephoned DWP and asked for a copy of my medical report. Well, I expected to be waiting a fair few weeks for it. I got a shock as it turned up in the post this morning.

It probably won't come as a surprise to anyone that there seemed to be quite a few discrepencies on there...to say the very least.

I suffer from bi-polar, my condition led to me loosing my job in February. Currently I am on anti-psychotic drugs as I have been in one of the worst manic phases I have ever had the 'pleasure' of experiencing. This leads me to have hallucinations and paranoid thoughts. Yes I mentioned this fact to the 'registered nurse' who did my medical. I also told her that I had seen my G.P only the week before, who told me that she wants to see me every week for the foreseeable future as I am walking a 'tightrope' in regards to my mental stability. Well, surprise, surprise.... "No hallucinations", "No paranoid thoughts" on the medical report.....

I had a representative from mind with me, who took notes. Of course he was told that these notes would not be allowed to be used in an appeal or tribunal before he started writing.

I was so upset by this report that I telephoned the DWP and told them about the misrepresentations on the form. I was then told, very coldy that I should never have been given the medical report so quickly as it hadn't even been put on the system yet. The lady I spoke to sounded very perturbed that I had effectively obtained the notes before she had.

I just can't believe how the DWP can get away with this.

Gold Account Holder RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2009

Default Re: Atos Medical Report.... what the hell!!

Welcome to the Anti-ATOS club!
    I don't see why your reps notes can't be used at any future review / Tribunal. They were made at the time and are relevant. Just ask your rep to date and sign them.
    Good luck and best wishes.
    Rae

Gold Account Holder patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative

Cagger since : Jul 2006

I had a representative from mind with me, who took notes. Of course he was told that these notes would not be allowed to be used in an appeal or tribunal before he started writing.
    yes the notes can be used as long as the witness comes with you to the apeal,firstly you must now send a SARicon to ATOS and ask specificly for the QUALIFICATIONS of this registered nurse and is she registered with the GMC...
    make sure you make your apeal as soon as possible i think kel can help you with what forms you will need for the apeal..but go for it also get your DOCTOR to submit a letter to the DWP and a copy for you to send in with your Apeal,and if you are to receive phsychiatric help then get a letter of who is treating you and for what....
    patrickq1

[URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html"][COLOR=#003399]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html[/COLOR][/URL]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional[/COLOR]
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative patrickq1 Highly informative

i have to be careful what i write ime back on the getting botted again

[URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html"][COLOR=#003399]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html[/COLOR][/URL]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional[/COLOR]
    Follows
    Following

How would I go about doing that Subject access requesticon? Do I need to fill in a specific form, or just send an email to ATOS? I'm totally clueless here.

Thanks people.
    -Marie

Gold Account Holder RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK's Avatar

Hi marie72,
    I've sent a message to ask someone to advise you regarding the Subject access requesticon - unless someone else advises in the meantime...
    Best wishes
    Rae

Hi, he sent me his templateicon instead

......................... ......................

To: [Enter addressee]

Date

Dear Sir

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject access requesticon

Please supply a complete list of the data held and used by you that relate to [Your name]. It is also to include third party information held with all other agencies.

Additionally where there has been an event in the account(s) history during the period accounts have been placed with you that have required any manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have been caused or resulted from that manual intervention.

I would like to bring to your attention data can be held in written information, e-mails, electronic documents, photographs, CCTV images, telephone conversations and include any recorded or written opinions about me/us and any recorded or written intentions and action taken regarding me/us.

I/We would like this information to be sent to my/our home address as listed above. You have 40 days in which to comply.

To satisfy payment to supply this information I/we enclose a fee of 10 this payment must not be used for any other purpose.

Yours sincerely

......................... ................

Make sure you send it by post signed for.
    Obviously this is a catch-all templateicon. Do ensure you also include the specifics you may particularly require - ie the nurses qualifications.
    Further advise was to send payment as a Postal Order as this is guaranteed payment...

Follows
    Following

Many, many thanks for your help Rae. Very much appreciated.

-Marie

P.S oh and Patrickq1 also of course!

Follows
    Following

Ok....one more question!

Where exactly do I need to send this letter? Any specific address? Sorry for the questions guys. I'm just totally in the dark.

Cheers
    -Marie

You could try here:

Registered Address:
    Atos Healthcare
    4 Triton Square
    Regent's Place
    London
    NW1 3HG
    United Kingdom

Many thanks for your help again Rae, just spent the best part of today writing a letter of complaint to DWP and ATOS. I'm far from subtle though and am worried it might be a bit 'sarcastic'. Not that I've got anything to be sarcastic about mind you, regarding my medical assesment.......

Always feel free to post up your letter - excluding any personal identifying bits - and we'll help your draft if needed. That's what I tend to spend a lot of time doing over on the Bailiff forum. If it can be usefull here, why not?
    Best wishes
    Rae.

Basic Account Holder Cumbrian Peasant Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2010

I hope you won't mind me asking, but was the result of your ATOS medical check in your favour? My partner will be in the same position as you at some point in the future (diagnosis originally 17 years ago), and any help or guidance on how the process worked for you would be appreciated.

Basic Account Holder loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2008

Greetings Cumbrian Peasant and thanks for joining the unofficial ESA club on CAGicon forums where there is a wealth of information if only newbies would spend some time looking at the previous threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian Peasant View Post
    I hope you won't mind me asking, but was the result of your ATOS medical check in your favour?
    I think that it's fairly safe to assume that the "ATOS medical check" was unfavourable if the OP asked for the report.
    My partner will be in the same position as you at some point in the future (diagnosis originally 17 years ago), and any help or guidance on how the process worked for you would be appreciated.
    Please may I suggest that you read up on the facts first and then return with more specific questions than the above.

See also:

http://www.cas.org.uk/FileAccess.aspx?id=7323 (Unfit for Purpose - Scottish CAB evidence on ESA)
    http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/not_working_ma... (CAB evidence on the ESA work capability assessment.)
    http://brightonbenefit[problem]paign. wordpress.com/2... (Employment and Support Allowance: a new harsher test Brighton Benefits Campaign)
    DWP ESA Medical Examinations (First hand experience of the DWP ESA procedure from someone with a debilitating and life threatening brain tumour who was deemed fit by the DWP's "medical" contractor).

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - see this post by Joa, great advice and links!
    I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Cumbrian Peasant Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2010

Dear Lone Ranger - I'm sure you thought your posting was helpful. However, all the various links you provided I have already researched. My question was directly for Marie72 whose situation exactly mirrors that of my partner. Do you have direct knowledge of Maries outcomes?

May be, in future, you could tone down some of the rather heavy handed criticisms found in your reply to me. Thanks!

Easy tigers!

Cumbrian Peasant, marie72 hasn't visited CAGicon since 10th of May so you may need to be patient! I suggest clicking on her username and sending her a private message, it might be that she will get an email notification that she has a message and check in here...

By the way, I still prefer 'Cumberland'

Best wishes
    Rae

Basic Account Holder loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger's Avatar

Send Marie a PM like you ought to have done in the first place, seeing as her posts are now from over 10 weeks ago, what did you expect to achieve by posting a vague question in a forum.? BTW I've answered the only specific question, derrr, if the exam was favourable then there'd be no need to ask for the report.
    TBH if you've already read the info in the links provided, then you wouldn't have come here with such a dumb post.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - see this post by Joa, great advice and links!
    I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.
    Follows
    Following

Hey, relax LR!

Whatever the rights or the wrongs of the post, CP is new to the forum and should be accorded the respect a newbie is due...

Best wishes
    Rae

Sorry Rae, I shouldn't have plugged doyourownhomework.com

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by loan_ranger View Post
    Send Marie a PM like you ought to have done in the first place, seeing as her posts are now from over 10 weeks ago, what did you expect to achieve by posting a vague question in a forum.? BTW I've answered the only specific question, derrr, if the exam was favourable then there'd be no need to ask for the report.
    TBH if you've already read the info in the links provided, then you wouldn't have come here with such a dumb post.

lol who has been rattling your cage LR like a bear with a sore heed hehe

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details