Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder darcy1972 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2010

Default Can a bank make me bankrupt without my knowledge

Hi there

Been reading some threads and have been very helpful. can anyone tell me if HSBCicon (dg solicitors) would make me bankrupt witout my knowledge. I have a debt going back to last contact with them in 2004 and then i moved abroad and have had no contact with them since. it was for a personal loan unsecured, and have no assets. I am now a single mum on benefits back in uk and am trying to rent a property. i have a guarantor and have been told the only way i can fail a credit check(even though im gona be on housing benefit) is if i have been bankrupt at any stage. would this be likely ? Any knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

Default Re: Can a bank make me bankrupt without my knowledge

doubt it very much, but they could have got a ccj in default if you never recieved the papers, but then of course you can get that over turned

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly
    ---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    twofoot Informative twofoot Informative twofoot Informative

Cagger since
    Jun 2007

If there is no CCJ the debt is statute barredicon if there has been no acknowledgement by you for 6 years. Statute barred means the debt is in the bin and finished with. If there is a ccj you can get it set asideicon. Either way it's a no loose situation. Suggest you send a SB letter.
    There are a few ways to find out if you have a CCJ and one is the link below.
    http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself/

Basic Account Holder rapterman Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2006

If you live in England or Wales you can check online at http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/II...earchMapIE.asp to see if you were made bankrupt.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE