council tax bill from 1999? DEBT COLLECTORS??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI My mum just recieved a call from a debt collection agency Buchanan, Clark and Wells in Glasgow stating that i owed them £600 odd quid for council tax owed in 1999 and if i did not pay i would be going to court. Is this debt still enforcable after all this time? This is the first i have heard of this debt!

I dont even think i was living in the house at that time but as it was so long ago i cant remember? I Have read a few posts saying i should not speak to the debt collectors again as will will try to trick me into paying even if i am not due to pay it!

Any advice would be greatley appreciated, Thanks.:???::???::???:

Also, in my borough there are 8 top notch squad that are earning 3.3 million P.A., that is just one borough there is 32 boroughs in greater london and I am sure all of them are on the same salary if not consideable more.

We have to think of their guarantee pensions and about £300 of our council tax goes toward it. Now there is a recession who can blame them for chasing old council tax this would help them to keep their lucrative salaries and pensions. :evil: So get out there and work for them regardless of your circumstances does not matter if you are disabled or a state pensioner.... you got to keep these people in the style their luractive cosy jobs have provided for them over for past 13 years...

You should ask the council if a liability order was obtained. If so, they can continue to collect, if not then they cannot now apply for one and the arrears (if any) are statute barred.

You can ask the council either on the phone, by letter or better still, send them a sar along with a £10 fee.