style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone,i had owed the local council 785 pounds sterling:cry:dating back to 2000.i thought i could just hide from this.just had letter of balifs(debt collection agency) saying the debt is now with them.if not payed costs etc i have 7 days to pay or costs etc.I live in my girlfriends house and am self employed.aint worked for 3 monhs and cant claim benifits due to being eligable.,the jobcentre says my girlfiend is to keep me.i am in no position to pay this debt..could do with advice before i ring them.please let me know what best in this situation

is this bailiffs or dca?

scotland p'haps?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this is for rent arrears with the local council in Wales.they have now passed the debt to baliffs "JACOBS" from liverpool.i moved out 10 years ago and thought i cpould just hide.i know its wrong but in them days i was irresponsible.but the truth is at moment i dont have a bit of income and are relying on handouts from my girlfriend.i live in her house(am not on mortgage) can they take my girlfriends possesions?what should i do?

Edited by mrspliffy

its unusual for bailiffs to be involved in old rent collection.

and 10yrs old.

can you scan up the letter you have removing pers info?

use photobucket or covert it to PDF format and attach it .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You need to check the credit reference agencies asap to see if there is a court judgement against you. If there is not, then these are not bailiffs, they are just debt collectors with no powers to do anything.

Also one thing to remember is that rent arrears are not like council tax arrears. Rent arrears become statute barred after 6 years unless a court judgement was obtained before the six years.

Edited by Conniff