How to get Road Tax without proof of being Registered Owner?

trave11er
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

First time poster. Had some difficulties with the search facility timing out repeatedly, so ended up deciding to just post this.

A friend has given me his car, which has a valid MOT, and I've obtained some short-term insurance. However, he has lost the logbook, and isn't insured on the car, and I need to get it taxed.

Would it suffice to fill in a V10 and show the MOT & Insurance Certificate at a Post Office, to obtain Road Tax?

If not, could somebody in the know advise how I can obtain tax in the quickest time, please (ideally I need to be able to do this same day)?

- trave11er

Hi crem,

Thanks for taking the time.

I have no documentation to prove I've taken ownership as my friend cannot locate the V5. So I have short-term insurance and a valid MOT. I need to apply for a new V5 I guess, but was advised that going to a Post Office, filling in a V10 and showing the MOT/Insurance Certificate would enable me to get it taxed. But I want to verify this.

You can do it with the reminder.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.