Can I claim Cont JSA if i have been sacked

bstu123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have just been sacked from my job for gross misconduct (left early without informing supervisor).

Can I claim cont based JSA as I have been working continously for 8 years in this position?

Also I have a mortgage (interest only) would I get help with this?

Thanks in advance.

B.

What can happen is a JSA sanction; this is where you still have an active claim, however you receive no money. A sanction can be applied for up to 26 weeks, and is applicable after you apply for JSA, not from when employment ceased as is often misunderstood.

It is not cut and dry that a person whom has had their employment terminated definately will be sanctioned. Each case is decided upon its own factors. Some cases will have sanctions, others will not. Some will be sanctioned for two weeks, some more and some for the full 26 weeks.

Were there other issues, such as an existing warning on your record or other instances of disciplinary? Did you have a good reason for leaving on this occasion without informing your supervisor, such as a family crisis and your supervisor was unavailable for example? I ask because it seems a bit full on that your employer would terminate your employment after 8 years for leaving work early on one sole occasion without informing your superior if there were no other issues. You may well be able to successfully appeal your dismissal if you had good cause to leave your post and there were no underlying issues. If this is the case, it might be worth posting on the employment subforum for some advice on whether you could get your job back via an appeal against your dismissal.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)