Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder davehsug Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2009

Default Entering an N245

Hi Folks. I need to arrange for an N245 for my friend who is in arrears on a CCJ & is receiving a summons every month. He can afford the repayment (just), but was advised by the banks solicitors, that it would be best for himt to send in an N245, to "reset" the case, so that he wasn't getting the summons every month.
    I have been onto the HMCS website & their is a form on there, but you can't actually fill it in & submit online.
    The case is dealt with at the bulk court in Northampton.
    A couple of questions. Can I get the form for him, from the local court & submit it there, or do I need to get the form & post it to Northampton?
    Would it be best to apply to vary the order to a slightly lower amount? As I said he can afford the payment, but it seems the form only really deals with a variation to the monthly payment.
    Any help aprreciated.

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    10 Miles Final

Default Re: Entering an N245

You can complete an N245 form to apply to reduce the instalment amount and send this to the court. Your application will then be considered. You must pay a 35.00 fee. The cheque or postal orders should be made payable to HMCS. If you are on benefit or cannot afford to pay the fee you may complete the EX160 form, Fee Remission form.

Don't forget to do an income and expenditure form for your friend, it will help the judge decide how much your friend can afford.

The form is here:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c.../n245_0204.pdf

The income and expenditure spreadsheet is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...8&d=1268687658

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    linz2011 Informative linz2011 Informative linz2011's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Default Re: Entering an N245

if on benifit of any kind it costs nothing

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE