Vanquis - Ignoring Settlement Offer Letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just an update on the latest development.

I have this morning received the following letter from vanquis in response to my original letter they received on 1st November in which I explained my current circumstances to them

https://goo.gl/photos/x22ovUBC8iGuwp2P8

They have agreed to my requests, 4 weeks later, and personally I feel I should keep my part of the bargain (£50 per month). My subsequent letter basically tokd them that since they are not playing ball they can now have £1 per month.

What are your thoughts ?

How long is the temporary benefits for? Is there a timeframe when you know benefits will stop and you return to normal?

If its short term then i would begin the £50 pm payments, but note that vanquis will have to report correctly to any cra's, so there could well be AP markers or partial payment markers for however long its for.

@£1 pm i think they will probably default you and sell the debt on eventually to a dca.

Again if short term, would you be able to catch up with any under payments once normal service is resumed?

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi Martin2006.

My take is the sames as yours on how next to proceed

There is no time frame on my benefits, however I am expecting to return to full time work around September next year.

Given their positive response (albeit almost 4 weeks later), my thoughts are the same as yours as to re-instating my original offer of £50 per month.

I don't see the point in being difficult or arsey about it in these circumstances, nor would I be doing myself any favours if I did.

Now if they were to be unco-operative (which is what I fully expected) then that would be a different matter.

My thanks to both yourself and renegadeimp for your input and advise.