Requesting a higher council fence?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've asked the council for a higher council fence in the back garden, down both sides.

The reason being that it's quite a rough area with rough neighbours and although the privacy and safety of a higher fence would be good its really not the main reason. Theres a few...

There are CCTV cameras in the streets and the junkies/alkies have been using my garden as a kind of short cut without being seen by the cameras and for avoiding the police that are patrolling, they have left their needles, cans and bottle sin the garden too and often stop to urinate. Then theres the dogs, mostly strays but a few are the neighbours dogs on both sides. They freely jump in and out of the garden, leaving their mess behind and my son is terrifed of dogs! Then recently, someone moved into a neighbouring property and emptied anything they didnt want over my little fence and into the back garden. Even a double divan bed base and double matttress!!

I heard and seen them doing it but i was too scared to say anything. By the time the police came round there was no one around.

Does anyone know what the chances are of a higher fence being approved by the council on these grounds?

Many thanks x

I do hope your request is granted.Maybe also have a word with your local councellor to back up your request.I had a similar problem a few years ago but managed to stop the problem using tactics they understood.And also a new 6 foot fence provided by the council.I understand the fear and stress this must be causing you and hope your request is granted.You are entitled to a peacefull life for your family.Do let us know the outcome.Best wishes Tawnyowl.

The best thing to do is report the ASB to the Council and suggest that as a way to fix the problems in your garden could they install a higher fence.

You are more likely to get it through an ASB report than asking for it as a repair.