Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder billyt Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2010

Default DLA doctor visit today

i had the dla doctor visit today and she confirmed my illness and said it looked like i needed help.
    will this mean the dla will award me my claim and if yes how long normanly after a doctor visit before you get any word

Basic Account Holder Simon7685 Informative Simon7685 Informative Simon7685 Informative Simon7685's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    Scarborough

Default Re: DLA doctor visit today

Sadly no. It is up to the decision maker at the DWP to decide that, it may be that the doctor will submit a good report with recommendations but it is still the decision makers job to interperate that report and decide. If they have got all the evidence they need, I would imagine you may hear in the next 2 to 3 weeks. If not ring them and ask.

If they do turn you down you can appeal. With that in mind, now may be a good time to make a few notes about what happened at the doctors visit today. What he asked you, what you think he could of asked about but didn't, if it is relevant to your claim. Did he examine you, did he see you walking, did he check all your medication, that sort of thing. You may never need it but it is worth taking some brief notes just in case for future reference.

I hope you get a good result soon, if you need any help let us know on the forum, we will help where we can.

IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO
    My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - WON / 19 November 2007

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance WON / 28 November 2007

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Feb 2010

thank you. yes i was examined and she confirmed my condition and she told me the problems i would have things like not being able to wash my own hair
    the doc had asked me before this who washed my hair and i told her my wife did this
    also because i have dizziness she said that there was no way she would want me to go up the stair incase i fell down them
    she asked me to get up and walk about 5 feet and back and then she checked my pulse which was racing and told me to stop worrying everything would be ok and she went.
    Another thing which i thought was strange i didnt counter sign the form she filled in

Cagger since
    Feb 2010

hi all thanks for your help i got my dla decision letter today saying i have been awarded middle care and low mobility it doesnt say how long for but it will be back dated for 16 weeks
    thanks again just the esa to deal with now

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Good news, billyt. I hope it goes as well with your ESA. HB

Cagger since
    Feb 2010

are there any other benefits i can claim the wife earns just under 16000 a year

Basic Account Holder frankieg Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2009
    I am in
    stevenage herts

If you got DLA you must be under 65- working age so have you tried for ESA?.your DLA wont be counted so ,if you've no other income, on you wifes earnings you should apply for appliedd for council tax and rent rebate ( if you are a renter) Also with you getting middle care allowance your wife should applie for carers allowance. Although she earns to much money to get the actual allowance, I believe she would qualify for the 'carers premium' which will help reduce your council tax even further

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jan 2007
    I am in
    Where the ball did not cross the line

All so if you claim tax credits inform them as there is a disability premium on there also.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE