British Gas Warrant Charge!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,i posted a few months about about a pre-payment meter i had fitted last august by british gas to pay an outstanding bill of £678,a warrant was sent out last july to gain entry,and a representitive called round twice at the time,left a card etc etc,eventually i spoke to him at the door and i told him my situation and he said i cold have a meter fitted to pay the bill off,i questioned him about the £285 charge and he told me,or assured me that it was more of a scare tactic and i wouldn't be charged so we arranged a day to have it done,had it fitted,the charge was set on meter and that was that....i regularly check the meter debt and last week it was at £400 odd left to pay off...then this morning i receive a letter to say at the time i had the meter fitted they made a mistake and didn't transfer all or some of my debt to the meter and obviously because i still owe this amount i still to pay it and they would adjust my meter in the next few weeks,so i had a look at ,y outstanding debt on the thing and was shocked to see the debt is now £1083!!!!!!! thats £600 more!!!! so i rang them up immediately and according to them,the £285 they state on the letter is the warrant charge they didn't add on to my outstanding debt back in august (aug 5th 2009 to be exact) even though i was told by the door rep i wouldn't pay it,i empkained this to them on the phone just and they aren't having it,they said they checked their files anf what the rep has put and they won't wavier the charge,so bascally i've got to pay it,is there anyway i can get this knocked off because 1)They've lied to me (as i would have borrowed money to pay the debt off in full rather than pay nearly £300 for a meter) and 2)It's 7 months ago and now they've decided to add it on which now takes my bill to the original of not abit more than it started at in first place,so i feel i've paid nothing off :(

Help please anyone....

I would send them this request letter and also a SAR and ask for absolutely everything what they have about you and your account, the request letter is for charges back what they have been charging for standing meter charges as they have done the exact same to me today and I can not get any joy out of them when I phoned up as they could not tell me if it was for charges they had put on or if it was for Gas used before pre pay got put in? I put my request in at beginning of this month and will now be sending a SAR for everything they have on me, as I believe they add charges on just for sake of it, will keep you posted when I do some more digging from Ofgem.:???:

Request letter.doc

Thanks for that,will certainly try it.

My bill was originally about £500 something,but because they charge £14 a letter (reminders) and then they charge £50 a letter which states because a rep has had to hand deliver even though it was posted...how the hell can they justify these so called charges for an A4 piece of paper??!!! is beyond me

I've sent an email off which am awaiting for a reply about this so called warrant charge of £285 which they say should have been added on in August,as they've admitted this,but i don't see why i should pay as they didn't have to gain entry,i agreed to have a meter which the rep said would cost me nothing to have fitted,because i asked him this beforehand to be sure...so he lied to my face....arghhhh British Gas are the bain of my life

Well I charged my card up with 20.00GBP this morning and it took 11.00GBP charge off and instead of the 64.00GBP debt going on. I ended up with 110.00GBP added on, how can they do this when i had a letter stating only 64.00GBP, they think they can do what they want?

RESULT!!!!!! Phoned BG up yesterday about the extra money they put on my pre pay meter and went through all bills from when i joined BG and all readings on meter. Found out they had already added it in August 2009 and they tried sticking it on again. They wiped it off yesterday so back down to original amount, so i would ask them to go through your account and ask them for full statements, i think you might be suprised, they also did it with my electric meter a couple of months ago, i had 24.00GBP debt left owing and i topped the key up checked my debt to see if it had took any off and to my suprise they stook another 240.00GBP on so had to ring them up again and it was their fault so they removed it.HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE DO THEY DO IT TO WITHOUT THEM KNOWING, I AM GOING TO START A NEW THREAD JUST WARNING PEOPLE OF THIS ROBBERY.:D

Unfortunately when you have a prepayment meter, you are totally in the hands of your suppliers as to what is set on the meter.

BGas may say they will wipe the extra charges but until they have adjusted the meter accordingly, it is empty talk. And you have to pay the charges back, otherwise you are without power. Grrr, I hate prepayment meters!