Safe Style Windows - be warned!!!

datxman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a word of warning,

I recently contacted Safestyle windows through the internet, within 5 minutes I received a phone call to arrange for a sales person to come and visit me.

Sales MEN (two of them) turn up and do all the measurements required then I picked the door that I would have liked, then he hit me with a £2000 quote. After I picked myself up of the floor as I was laughing so much - NOT he the started to haggle with me, and when I say haggle I mean I said no and he dropped his price. He finally put the price down to £750 (a big drop) but he did the old trick of having to phone his boss to get the OK:rolleyes:

Once his boss agreed, he then booked me a appointment with the surveyour, as he wrote out my order, when I spoke to the guy who was going to come out and do the survey he told me that I could not cancel the contract as they was no cooling off period due to me contacting them through a TV or Internet advert.

I then put the phone down and asked the salesmen was this true and at first they denied it but after reading the small print on the back of the form it does state in the T&C's that they was no cooling off period and any cancellations will have to be paid for in full.:confused:

I then told them what they can do with their order and promptly ripped it up and kept the pieces with me. The guys where not happy.:(

Surely they can't do this?

After that I kept getting phone calls and people visiting my home asking me to buy from Safestyle, I contacted TPS over the phone calls and got them stopped and I then give the people who came to my door a piece of my mind - That should make them think twice....:)

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

These people are nasty. After knocking at my door and being very pushy I decided to let them give me a quote for my porch. They quoted me 10k, yes TEN THOUSAND POUNDS. I too had to pick myself up of the floor. The porch had already been built but had old aluminium windows so they were not starting from scratch. After telling them I could get it done much, much cheaper elsewhere he got defensive and started to go on about quality. I told him that I couldn't really care less as the porch wasn't anything important, it isn't used for anything and I would only consider replacing the aluminium with white PVC for cosmetic reasons and to match my nice white PVC windows (which were done at a brill price from a very good company!) He eventually lowered the price all the way down to 2k after loads of phone calls to "his boss" (yeah right, I believe that one) but now it was a matter of principal. I don't want rip off salesmen taking the pee out of me. how can you justify 10k when you can go all the way down to 2k and still earn commission? Crikey, how much would this guy have made had I been vulnerable and accepted the first quote. I shouldn't have mentioned that I couldn't care less though, this was a BIG mistake!

The chap eventually left after making it perfectly clear that I had wasted his time. (Yes, me wasted HIS time!) and before I had chance to put the kettle on and sit down with my sweet cup of tea to ease the shock my phone rang. It was another bloke from safestyle. He said he was coming round to smash my porch down as I couldn't care less about it and it wasn't important. Luckily I don't get scared very easily and so I told him that if he felt the need to do it I would simply sue him and then use the money to buy a nice new porch and conservatory with the money from a nice, reputable and professional company unlike his. My husband later reported him but obviously it was denied, his managers defended him saying I was talking nonsence as no staff member would talk to a customer like that and I had no way of proving otherwise. :evil:

So, anyone thinking of inviting them in? Please think carefully before you do. I'd rather invite my nasty neighbour from hell in!

I work in the window industry and couldnt agree more. They are a very nasty company that pressure sell all the time. Unfortunatley some of our senior citizens do buy from them and the manage to turnover 55 million pounds. Personally they disgust me and would never buy from them. Not all window salesmen pressure sell its just the minority that drag the industry down.

Halifax Current Account - Claiming Over £2k

Halifax Card Services - Claiming Over 1K

Capital One - Settled

Citi Cards - Claiming Over £1k

Abbey National - Claiming Over 3K

Just a word of warning,

I recently contacted Safestyle windows through the internet, within 5 minutes I received a phone call to arrange for a sales person to come and visit me.

Sales MEN (two of them) turn up and do all the measurements required then I picked the door that I would have liked, then he hit me with a £2000 quote. After I picked myself up of the floor as I was laughing so much - NOT he the started to haggle with me, and when I say haggle I mean I said no and he dropped his price. He finally put the price down to £750 (a big drop) but he did the old trick of having to phone his boss to get the OK:rolleyes:

Once his boss agreed, he then booked me a appointment with the surveyour, as he wrote out my order, when I spoke to the guy who was going to come out and do the survey he told me that I could not cancel the contract as they was no cooling off period due to me contacting them through a TV or Internet advert.

I then put the phone down and asked the salesmen was this true and at first they denied it but after reading the small print on the back of the form it does state in the T&C's that they was no cooling off period and any cancellations will have to be paid for in full.:confused:

I then told them what they can do with their order and promptly ripped it up and kept the pieces with me. The guys where not happy.:(

Surely they can't do this?

After that I kept getting phone calls and people visiting my home asking me to buy from Safestyle, I contacted TPS over the phone calls and got them stopped and I then give the people who came to my door a piece of my mind - That should make them think twice....:)

There are five main pieces of legislation which give consumers the right to back out of contracts they have entered into. You do not have to had signed anything in order to enter into a contract.

Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

A consumer has a cooling off period of 5 days where:

* Credit is involved.

* The contract was signed away from trade premises.

* There were face to face negotiations with the seller.

The 5-day period begins from the time the second copy of the credit agreement is received by the consumer.

Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000

These regulations apply where there has been no face to face negotiations with the seller. Examples of such a situation would be when you purchase online, by phone or fax.

In these circumstances you have 7 days from receipt of the goods or from agreeing for a service to be carried out to change your mind.

Check the terms and conditions of the contract, as you may have to pay for the return of the goods to the trader. You are not however liable for the original postage and packing charges.

The regulations do not apply in the following circumstances:

* The item has been made to the consumers specification.

* Business to business transactions.

* Financial services.

* When buying at auction.

* When buying land, timeshare, package holidays, food, drink, transport, accommodation, catering and leisure services.

* When buying from vending machines or payphones.

The seller must not seek or accept any money from you during the cooling off period.

Consumer Protection (Cancellation of Contracts Concluded Away from Business Premises) Regulations 1987

These regulations apply where there has been an uninvited visit by a salesman to your home or place of work.

The regulations apply to both cash and credit sales where the total price of the goods or services exceeds £35.

Where all these conditions are met a cooling off period of 7 days applies.

The Supply of Extended Warranties on Domestic Electrical Goods Order 2005

New rules giving cooling off periods, when buying warranties on electrical goods, came into effect on the 6th April 2005.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 1 month later...

Arrrgghhh - Just had yet another salesman from Stafestyle to my door - I told him that his company was cr*p and his products were cr*p and not to bother me again. surley they can't keep knocking at peoples doors all the time this must fall in to a Harrasment case?

Your thoughts please........

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 (all of it)

s.1 says something like "It's harrassment if a person carries out actions which would be believed by a reasonable person to be harrassment".

This CAN be applied to an organisation - i.e. it doesn't have to be the same guy, if all the people who do it are representing the same organisation.

I have a nice little safestyle story too. I'll try keep it short.

Ibought safestyle windows and a door, not a bad job, decent price as I nailed them right down.

However, they kept calling me for about a year asking if I would like to buy their windows and doors. Everytime I explained I had already bought from them and should remove me from the computer.

Finally I had had enough, the call came as usual, I said sure come and quote us. They arranged a time which I promptly forgot. A few days later a rep called me, i'm running a bit late blah blah blah. He turned up after a while and knocked on my safestyle door!!!!

I said "do you get it now?"

He said "get what?"

I said "We bought your bloody windows a year ago, stop calling us"

He said "why didn't you tell me"

I said "I've told you now, if you call again you'll be back again so i suggest you get us off your computer"

He said "Wasting my bloody time mumble mumble"

I said "Wasting my bloody time answering the phone to you every night to say no, sort it out or i'll see you next time"

Safe to say they didn't call again and I spent the night all pleased with myself.

Arrrgghhh - Just had yet another salesman from Stafestyle to my door - I told him that his company was cr*p and his products were cr*p and not to bother me again. surley they can't keep knocking at peoples doors all the time this must fall in to a Harrasment case?

Your thoughts please........

You could also warn them that they would be committing an act of trespass punishable by law if they persisted as well.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• 2 years later...

All this about Safestyle what nonsense!! I work for them and i have to admit out of those millions of customers not everyone of them are going to be entirely satisfied, my company didn't become the biggest and most successful double glazing company in England by providing poor service, products and installation!!

The high prices your all talking about is called a LIST (RRP) price, not the price your going to pay.

If you think our prices are to much for the product we sell thats fine, as a sales rep my job is to go to the customers house, measure up and try to agree a price, if the customer does not wish to buy on the night thats also fine as all i am there to do initially is leave a free no obligation quote.

Thanks

Mr Safestyle

This thread is over 2 yrs old :confused:

Indeed all Mr Safestyle has done with the defence of his company is bumped a thread highlighting why people wouldn't want to deal with his company.

Well done.... give that man a pay rise!

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

• 9 months later...

My Mum - 78 years old - signed a contract with Safestyle on 7 September after they came knocking on the door. I came back from hols at the weekned to discover this. I was worried and did a quick search on the company online. I saw enough horror stories from others who dealt with Safestyle to worry me. We wrote to them immediately, on 14 September, to cancel and surprise surprise - they are refusing to return her £60 deposit, claiming we didn't notify within 7 days. Any reputable company would not try this on and it makes me sure that cancelling was the right decision. BTW my Mum is no pushover and I was shocked at the way she had been persuaded by the Safestyle people.

Edited by sussexblogger
spelling

Actually they have now called and they are insisting the contract cannot be cancelled as the windows are already being manufactured. Safestyle's approach is heavy - they say they will turn up on the date arranged and if they do not get in, we will be in breach of contract. I have explained that my Mother is too ill to have the stress of installing the window, that she has not got the money for it, and that she is not the owner of the house so could not give them proper consent to install the windows.

Edited by sussexblogger
update

• 1 month later...

I had one of the most unpleasant experiences in my life with this company. I have a sales background myself so am not at all easy to sell to. A few years ago I lived alone in a house I bought and was off work ill with depression. A Safestyle man knocked on my door, I politiely said I did need new doors and windows but would not be looking for quotes till at least another 18 months or so. The man said that was fine he could note that and someone could give me a current quote to give me an idea.

Later that afternoon the salesman called. He measured up, gave me the quote then tried the hard sell. I explained to him as I had to the first caller that I was not currently in the position to buy windows and doors as there were other more important damp proffing and roofing things to be done.

After 30 mins of us going in circles he said he would have to phone his manager. The manager then spoke to me and spent 20 mins or so wearing me down, he offered me cheaper windows and finance that woudl cover my other home repairs to. Reluctantly in the end I agreed, I was not at all myself and he had succeeded in giving me no way to say no.

The salesman then started to fill in the paperwork. I started to cry and said I didn't want to do this. He was quite unpleasant and trying to make me sign. I refused to sign and he went mad and again rang his manager, the manager spent another 15 mins trying to talk me round, by this time I was pretty much having a panic attack and told him I was not prepared to sign as due to my health my job was possibly in jeapoardy.

I hung up and the saleseman in my house became quite agressive shouting at me that I had wasted his time etc. At that moment my boyfriend happened to phone, I told him I had a salesman who would not leave and that I was scared. He said to me to tell teh salesman he was calling back in 5 mins and if he was not gone my boyfriend would ring the police to have him removed.

I was shaken up and terrified and for a long while kept my curtains permanently drawn so passers by could not see if I was in the house. Sadly at the bottom of my street were 10-15 old people's bungalows god knows how many of them he scared.

Had I been my usual self he would not even have got in my house. This type of hard sell should not be allowed.

Last year my partner and I had a salesman from another well known company I had to laugh how his quote started at £26k for 2 doors and 6 windows but it did come down to £5k if we took finance! I laughed him out of my house.

When we do change the windows I shall use a local, small respected company rather that one of the bigger sharks!

Can't believe the prices on this thread!! :eek:

I paid a local company under £2K for new doors; front and back, a new kitchen window and 3 small side windows.... and they did a fab job.

They've since come back and built a 4ft x 4.5ft part-brick conservatory, fitted a new garage door and put upvc cladding on the back of my house for just under £11K.

Stick with local companies.... their prices are far better.

:)

Edited by PriorityOne
typo

Safestyle have been canvassing in our area - telling us that although we are fully double glazed anyone could lift the windows out and we ought to upgrade. A bit scary considering that there are loads of elderly people in our area.

• 9 months later...

We had safe style round and they tried the hard sell, then tried calling back 5 times saying the price they gave us was inaccurate! amongst other things even telling them to F off did not work. I expect they will call again soon to apologise/ try to sell me windows. I shall pursue them out of my front garden with the same vigour that they use to pursue sales.

• 4 months later...

Just had Safestyle come and quote for 2 doors this week. After a late arrival the gent he proceeded into the living room with his dirty shoes onto a nice cream carpet.

After 20 mins the gent gave us a quote of £2300 of which I swiftly told him to leave out of the current door I have right now!

This was a buy one get one free offer, nothing free as far as I can see.

He did the norm calling his boss and attempted to reduce the price to a near a quote from another company which would be a £1000 cheaper. At this point it really was time for him to leave. I wouldn't have bought it if it was £5 because he was already dishonest as far as I was concerned.

The following day they called to try and reduce the price again but to no avail. Be aware of the high pressure tactics and words they use.

BOGOF Safestyle!

• 7 months later...

Avoid!Avoid!Avoid!

here is how predatory Safestyle UK really are.

i have an elderly aunt in her late 70s, who had two young reps knock her door canvassing for Safestyle UK.

They immediately started evaluating her house front walking along the face picking fault with her windows (which are already double glazed) and settled on the porch (which is wood) and kept telling her that the property would look much better with a new porch.She told them she didn't want it changed, and that it had recently been re-painted. They left, and the next day a senior salesman called, pointing out she had recently had a visit, and that she had asked for him to call and advise her on what she required.

She had not asked them at all, but she let him him anyway. When he mentioned the porch, and she again stated she did not want it replacing, he turned his attention to the front door which is wood and has a full height side screen. He went into his shpiel telling her that she was losing loads of heat out of the door (it has draught seals all round so not entirely true) and that she would save on the cost with her heating bills over the next couple of years.

He convinced her that she would be getting maximum discount and what a great deal it was. So she agreed, and he filled the form out (getting her to sign that she had requested his visit - not true), getting £60 out her there and then for the survey, and rushing an installation date through.

Here's the rub! for a standard upvc door with a single unit side panel, the initial cost was £3434!!!!! With maximum discount she was getting the fantastic price of £1460 fitted. Day light robbery or fraud i cannot say, but this figure is totally over-inflated.

i work for a window/door company, and for the door and side-light she was getting, we could supply and fit for less than £600.

A mutual friend rang me and told me about this, as i had not seen my aunt for two or three weeks. i immediately called round and she explained that she did not want to put me out, bless her.

Although the cooling off period had expired(being 10 days gone since she signed for the order) i got straight on the phone to Safestyle UK. The chap on the other end of the line said that managers were not in on Sunday, so i left my details for them to call me today, and fired off a cancellation email immediately, outlining my disgust at their tactics and threatening to go straight to Consumer Direct, Trading Standards and Fensa.

Lo and behold, i had a call today, and they caved without a fuss. Okay, she has lost her £60 for survey as this had been done (i could not dispute that) but i will now get her a composite door (fibre glass in the colour of her choice) with a leaded sidelight to match her windows, installed at less than 2/3 the price she was being fleeced by Safestyle UK for.

A better door, and more money in her pocket. Take that Safestyle!!

It is about time that door to door pressure sales was banned in the UK, and salesmen should be personally accountable when they try and fleece old age pensioners of their savings.

So take my advice, threaten to expose them to anyone who will listen, but most importantly, complain to Consumer Direct, Trading Standards and report them to Fensa who will log all complaints made against a fenestartion/installation company.

Good luck.

Yeah they really like to lay it on people!

In the nine months since their first visit when i told the salesman that they were too expensive and had to escort him out of my house, they have visited me 6 more times and call every now and again too. My responses have been progressivley less and less polite, the last guy that came round (at this point the windows were already done for half of their "discounted" price) i lost my temper with and shouted at, i think i scared him a bit because he then ran into my wheelie bin and fell over. :razz: they have not called back since, and although shouting and intimidating people is no way to get on in life i just lost my temper with them.

I wish more people would stand up to them instead of rolling over alas, they will continue on this path of convincing people who do not know better that they should get their windows.

Safestyle "discounted" quote:£7,600 windows only no porch

Local Chappie (in wolverhampton top guy, ask me if you need windows): £4250 for the windows, £950 for my porch (and i have since had him back for the sofits,facias and the brickwork and window for the garage conversion. His windows were just as good if not better as safestyles premium product (pilkington K glass, argon filled, more latches).

Honestly i couldn't care less if that firm went down and took all their dodgy salesmen with them too. BTW, had Everest round, they were even more expensive but their salesman was really nice.

i told them in no uncertain terms not to send anyone from Safestyle UK anywhere near my aunts' house again, and send a letter confirming the order has been cancelled.

My aunt was worried sick that someone was going to ring her up or come calling trying to get her to change her mind. People shouldn't have to be afraid like that.

Best was, when she was telling me why she agreed to have the door, she said "well, they advertise on telly so they must be good". These so-called stars that get wads of cash for appearing in their adverts should be ashamed of themselves.

And the bogof promotion is a big con, over-inflating the initial price so that it looks like they are giving a huge discount. i just wish people would wise up to these fraudsters!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks