Council Tax Refund Template Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Have Just recently Had My Letter From The Voa Telling Me I Have Been Placed In A Lower Band From B To A . I Have Therefor Overpaid For 17 Years , i phoned my council offices this morning and was told they hav'nt received the voa letter yet that states this ,So Can Anybody Give Me A Template Letter To Enable Me To Write Demanding My Money Back , as i dont want them to drag their heels on repaying my money back to me .

not that i know how long they take on refunds !!

Edited by shelbel1
not enough information

Guest Old_andrew2018

I think you simply need to construct a letter asking for a refund.

I'm really not sure that you can expect a refund for the period, council tax was levied based on the current banding which IMHO was correct until it was lowered, did you appeal your band.

hi yes i did ask for the VOA to review my banding and i got a letter back

"NOTICE OF ALTERATION TO AN EXISTING ENTRY IN THE VALUATION LIST" from the VOA dept'.

From other peoples enquiries they have had all their overpayments back which range from anything like £50 - £3000 .

as mine has been altered from "B" to "A" banding and with a date on the letter stating "effective date of alteration from 1st april 1993"....

i presume as i have paid 17yrs of overpayments i should be entitled to quite a sum of money - as this year going down to a band "a" will be saving me £177 a year onwards !!!

I have wrote a letter as best as i could to my council asking for my overpayments to be paid back to me in the form of a cheque , so fingers crossed i should receive a nice fat cheque in the post anytime soon !!