Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder LouPapy Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2010

Question ParkingEye penalty charge

i have recently got a charge notice from parkingeyeicon, should I ignoreicon it or send the first templateicon letter ?
    Thanks

This is what the notice says:

On 24/01/10 the registration vehicle XXXXXXX was in your name.

Photographic evidence shows you entering the Legat centurion Car Park at 14:00:49 and departing at 17:33:22. The maxium period permitted is 1 hour 30 minutes, so by calculation it is demonstrated that the vehicle has remained at the store for longer than permitted.

On the specified date, you were the registered owner, keeper, or hirer of the vehicle in question. As such, you are responsible to ensure that the terms and conditions for parking, as set down and claerly displayed in the car park, are complied with. Therefore you are required to pay the following excess parking chargeicon within 28 days from this notice.

It goes on to say that 80 must be paid or 50 if paid within 14 days. 110 if I don't cough up in 28 days.

The letter is designed to look like an official penalty charge, with the chequered border.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: ParkingEye penalty charge

ignoreicon

dont waste the poastage!!

it will do no good.

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative

Cagger since : Feb 2008

It's toilet paper

I appreciate the answers thanks, but could I have something a bit more constructive? There is a logo, BPA approved on the letter doesn't that mean anything?
    Thanks for your help

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative

Cagger since : Sep 2008

BPA is nothing they have no legal standing either

is toilet paper , its just done to make the [problem] look real

ignoreicon

there are 1000's of posts regarding PPC's on the forum showing the [problem]

NEVER FORGET

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...n-cookers.html
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder havinastella Authoritative havinastella Authoritative havinastella Authoritative havinastella Authoritative havinastella Authoritative havinastella Authoritative havinastella Authoritative havinastella Authoritative havinastella Authoritative havinastella Authoritative havinastella Authoritative havinastella's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Or just ignoreicon the excellent advise you have already received and do whatever you want.

ok
    fair enough. Thanks

Gold Account Holder Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative

To expand:

All you have is an unenforceable invoice for alleged breach of contract. The remedy for breach of contract is actual losses. The 50 is a contractual penalty charge. The 80 and 110 are spurious, made up amounts that have no relation to anything.

Your actions on a free car park have cost them zero pounds - their actual losses.

If you're in a 12 month BT contract and you cancel the contract half way through, you'd owe them the remainder of the 6 month contract ie. their actual losses by you leaving and going to another supplier. They cannot and do not charge a 'cancellation fee' because that would be an unenforceable contractual penalty.

In practical terms these parking companies give out invoice dressed up to look like parking tickets, buy the keeper's address from the DVLA and send out threatening junkmail. A great number of the uninitiated will happily send a cheque back.

It's a mail [problem].

ignoreicon them completely and don't be alarmed by the threatening junkmail you'll receive. After 3 or 4 debt collectoricon letters they'll give up.

parking eyeicon are well known and haunt Aldi car parks in particular.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative

Cagger since : Apr 2008

BPA is a members association. If it had the logo of your local golf club it would the same thing. Nothing.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    letshelp Informative letshelp Informative letshelp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LouPapy View Post
    There is a logo, BPA approved on the letter doesn't that mean anything?
    Thanks for your help
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Not a BPA logo
    That makes all the difference, better pay it quick.
    regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder asmodeus Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2009

LouPapy - just read the various PPC based threads and you see there is nothing to worry about. ignoreicon is the best way to combat these [problem]mers and minimise the threatening letters

It is very very rare for a PPC to even consider court as they know they will loose. On the few occasions they claim to have done so and won it is either badly defended or more likely a set up to try and give the PPC some vague credibility.

I have told the current bunch chasing me for an alledged unpaid invoice that I will not pay them a penny and they will have to proceed to court but still they will not do so

There is NO appeals process only a let us [problem] you department

ignoreicon everything and do NOT contact them

Basic Account Holder Jibbers Novitiate

Cagger since : Apr 2010

Hi All - Received one of these jokers letters last week and was just about to appeal/pay when read all help on this forum. Guess the advice is just to stick it out even though the wife fretting were going to a CCJ or Bailiffs coming around. Find it hard to believe they can juts pressurise you into paying in this manner. Think will just sit tight and await the letters/phone callsicon etc. Dont like fact they are coming after me as registered keeper and I wasnt even in the bloody car.

Many thanks for all posts!!

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

it can never be a CCJ nor bailiffs issue as its not a criminal matter

do some reading and ignoreicon their 'invoice'

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Many Thanks!! The more I read the more I am more confident they can whistle and I will not contact them at all.

the wife fretting were going to a CCJ or Bailiffs coming around.
    With respect, that only applies to people who don't know anything about CCJ's and bailiffs. Which is exactly what the PPC's play on.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    letshelp Informative letshelp Informative letshelp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al27 View Post
    With respect, that only applies to people who don't know anything about CCJ's and bailiffs. Which is exactly what the PPC's play on.
    Seconded.
    regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.
    Follows
    Following

Many thanks for all advice - Showed wife the forum and the many messages about parking eyeicon etc. and she is now more 'relaxed' about sitting tight and ignoring the letters which I understand will be quite threatening.

Once again many thanks for all advice!!

dx

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Many thanks for all advice - Showed wife the forum and the many messages about parking eyeicon etc. and she is now more 'relaxed' about sitting tight and ignoring the letters which I understand will be quite threatening.
    debt collectionicon letters are a waste of trees' lives.

I've moved house 3 times in 4 years and every time I'd have about 10 debt collection letters dropping through every week.

Nothing ever happens and they gradually dry up.

Basic Account Holder asmodeus Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2009

Hi Jibbers

If she is still uncertain then there is a website set up to counteract a Morrisons / parking eyeicon [problem] here which will confim that ignoreicon works
    Received a “ticket”? What to do next.. Carparkreigate's Blog

Yes you will get a lot of threaten junk mail purporting to be from debt collectorsicon and Solicitors but it is all part of the [problem] to make you think you have done something terrible wrong and is to divert you from using plain old common sense and realising it is a [problem]

Even when you tell these buggers that you will not pay and they will have to follow through with court proceedings they refuse

ignoreicon and spend the money on a good meal

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details