Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder essexboy Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    essex

Default gardx con by welcome

hi

When i purchased both my cars from Welcome Finance i received what i was told was a free car kit consisting of products supplied by guardex.

I have recently found a warranty from gardx supplied by welcome from when i purchased my last car.

I have looked through the paperwork that i received when i purchased the car and can find no mention of gardx but have had 300 charged for extras.

I contacted gardx on the number provided on the warranty and enquired about thier product. I was told it cost between 300-400 and was protection of the paintwork of the car and if any damage caused by weather, industrial fallout they would remedy the problem subject to t&c.

I quoted the warranty number for my last purchase and it seems that they had no records of this transaction or the previous transaction for my old car.

It seems Welcome are supplying this product under false pretences and charging their customer for a warranty that is non-existant.

This has happened on both my cars from welcome, so this is not an isolated incident.

I can provide evidence that this is a practice that is encouraged by Welcome as i have a document breaking down commission paid to an agent on completion of a sale clearly stating "add gardx to cash price".

underhand way of conning Welcome customers out of more money

Has any body brought cars with this "free car kit"

essexboy

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    beyondhope Informative beyondhope Informative beyondhope Informative beyondhope's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2008
    I am in
    cahoots to bring down WFS :D

Default Re: gardx con by welcome

Funny you should mention this on our original hp agreement (was rewritten) it says Gardx on it i think at 299...i shall have another look at this thanks for the heads up!

Basic Account Holder just_jue Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2006
    I am in
    Crawley

Hi, me as well, it is another part that I have complained to the fosicon regarding Welcome. When I officially complained to Welcome they didn't mentioned my queries with the gardx. So will see what the fos think about it.

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    essex

hi just jue

how did you get on with the fosicon, i spoke to my local branch manager that clearly stated that gardx was not included in my agreement despite showing an extra for 299.

i have been in correspondence with gardx themselves and having provided proof of my warranty under their headed paper are now they are saying my warranty may have been lost in their update of a new data system.

my warranty having been active for two years without any contact from gardx officially acknowledgeing my purchase are now saying that as i have not purchased a conserver my warranty is invalid.

surley Gardx has to aknowledge rceipt of my purchase as it states clearly this document has to be registered within 30 days.

as this is a warranty of purchase is their a cooling off period that allows me to cancel this warranty if i am aware it has been misold

anybody had any dealings with this lot as any help would be most appreciated.

essexboy

Basic Account Holder pwg6565 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2009
    I am in
    Kent

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    essex

thanks pwg6565

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    beyondhope Informative beyondhope Informative beyondhope Informative beyondhope's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2008
    I am in

Iv had another look on my hp agreement and in tiny writing it says inc GX im assuming that is gardx...

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS.

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    essex

beyondhope

i am told that the price for gardx is normally 299 -400 and in the commission statement i provided you it clearly states include gardx within the cash price.

Although i think they slipped my gardx through extras in my pre-statement and this would only show up as a cashprice for goods within the credit agreement

if this has been done i received a single sheet of paper(blue) with gardx protection as its heading this is the warranty, no other correspondence has been recieved in my case.

hope this helps you

essexboy

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder slimblondeuk Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2010

oooh i got gardx, didn't realise i had been shafted that way as well, oh goody more ammunition for me......no wonder the 'saleswoman' (and i use that term lightly) gave me 2 kits, one for the car i bought from them and one that we came in.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Jun 2008
    I am in

Quote Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
    beyondhope

i am told that the price for gardx is normally 299 -400 and in the commission statement i provided you it clearly states include gardx within the cash price.

Although i think they slipped my gardx through extras in my pre-statement and this would only show up as a cashprice for goods within the credit agreement

if this has been done i received a single sheet of paper(blue) with gardx protection as its heading this is the warranty, no other correspondence has been recieved in my case.

hope this helps you

essexboy
    Thanks essexboy I have had NOTHING with Gardx on at all ever so they can look for my query on that one too me thinks

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS.

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    essex

hi beyondhope

gardx will not be shown on credit agreement, as i have stated before gard x is included within the cash price as the commission sheet i provided you states gardx is included in the cash price.

So If you have received the car care kit you can be sure you have paid for it in some way.

i have spoken to gardx and the lady i spoke to agreed no agreement existed and after further correspondence with gardx they are claiming that my policy may have been lost when they transfered to a different computer system.

i dont know how you can prove if you have purchased a product/warranty unless you have an actual warranty then again if you do have a warranty and you did not realise you purchased this product, gardx will not honour this warranty unless you have purchased the conserver on an yearly basis.

So it looks as if the few cloths and small bottles of products justify the 299 cost and as this included within the cash price welcome charge interesticon on this

another con by welcome

has anybody actually realised they have purchased this product at the point of sale.

essexboy

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Jun 2008
    I am in

Sorry I meant a piece of paper my original agreement does say inc GX at the cash part i meant i never received car kit or a piece of paper with any reference on or anything

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    essex

hi beyondhope

try e-mailing susan@gardx.co.uk with your concerns, i do not hold out much hope as she is adamant that any agreement is between welcome and ourself despite the fact i have a warranty agreement.

at least i received the few cloths and small bottles of cleaner, surely if you have gardx within the cash price you have paid for something

essexboy

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Jun 2008
    I am in

Thanks essexboy I will certainly be trying to find out what it is thats been added in and add it to my list of complaints

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder just_jue Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2006
    I am in
    Crawley

Hi, I'm still waiting for the fosicon to pull their finger out and decide about my complaints (5 in total) including the GARDX, I did get a piece of paper when we took out the car, but we were not allowed to cancel the GARDX, this was already on the agreement.

JJ

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    essex

hi jj

you state that your agreement included gardx was this within the cash price or was it under a seperate heading such as insurances and was interesticon added.

essexboy

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    essex

to all

if you unsure and think gardx is included within your agreement it is normally next to the mak and model in your agreement and will be under "inc gx"

This is further evidence Welcome include this product within the cash price as it is not a seperate charge as other insurance are.

It is clear welcome offer a "free car kit" as a ruse to sell a product on behalf of Gardx and any warranty is subject to an annual purchase to Gardx

i am a complete simpleton and my belief is that as it is a warranty/insurance and has been purchased through buying the product (albeit unaware the product has been sold to you).

Can gardx justify the cost of a few rags and some cleaners that we could all purchase through ou local stores

With any product provided by welcome a cooling of period is mandatory after receipt of confirmation of purchase of the product/insurance/warranty and normally after receiipt of any policy.

Welcome have failed to supply a true cost of this product and furthermore have increased the cost by including this within the cash price by adding interesticon, therefore increasing any commission paid to Welcome agents by the company supplying the product.

essexboy

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder tonycard Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2009

found same in paper work

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    essex

hi tonycard

looks like you have been sold gardx and if your agreement is over a year old and have not bought the conserver any warranty is in Gardx opinion, none and void

did you know if you had gardx

essexboy

Basic Account Holder tonycard Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2009

she was told it was a freebie

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE