Time To Fight Back?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been fighting my own personal battle with a council over their tax on me and my family. I have found a huge amount of information on CAG that has aided me, without this site the bailiffs would have entered with their lies and took what they wanted. However due to CAG and other research of the law the bailiffs did not win.

I placed a formal complaint in front of my council containing 7 points and 6 of those points were upheld, thus complaint was upheld. I then took it a stage further where I asked the following:

TOTAL NUMBER OF DEFAULTS

NUMBER OF LIABILITY ORDERS APPLIED FOR

NUMBER OF LIABILIY ORDERS GRANTED

NUMBER OF TIMES BAILIFS INSTRUCTED

NUMBER OF TIMES WALKING POSESSION ORDERS GAINED

NUMBER OF TIMES GOODS WERE REMOVED

GOOD REMOVED, ACTUAL VALUE AND VALUE WHEN SOLD AT AUCTION

I have also requested the council's full policy on council tax, the recovery of this priority debts, how they classify those that CANNOT pay and those that refuse to pay.

The aim of this post is to get you all fighting back against this crowd of users, they use our money to pay their fat salaries. The fight is there if you, like me are sick of taking this crap.

I have worked all my life, served in our armed forces, paid taxes on my wages, but now I pay more in tax than I take home.

Simple question is this, are you with me or against me?

We need to stand together against this immoral tax on a roof over our heads, we need to stop this [problem] that strips us of our rights. A tax is not a debt, a tax is exactly what it says unless it is VAT. They create a debt from council tax, then they default us when we cannot pay the tax, yet with credit agencies it is a debt. This is not legal, yet they get away with it, why?

Because YOU let them away with it.

So let us stand as one and say shove this tax that turns us into debtors.

Rgds,

Peter

Edited by calvi36
typo

Although we probably all feel the same as you do Calvi, it's not the actual tax that annoys me so much as the attitude surrounding the collection.

There is no examination of the ability to pay and they really don't care if you can or can't, just give us the money, and if it ruins your life, well hard sh*t.

I do know that in 2007, the liability order fees totalled way in excess of £200,000,000 in England, so it is a game for them, lets not bother to check if they are able to pay or even if they are dead, lets get as many liability orders as possible and get all the lovely money in.

This is fully encouraged by Gordon Brown as the instigator, when chancellor, of all government departments must make profits. The 2 that have no problem doing this is the council and DVLA because they have a whole chest of tools given to them for free.