Dad didn't show disabled badge in sainsbury's car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

My elderly father parked in Sainsbury's in the disabled bay but made the honest mistake (he's old and forgets things!) of not displaying his blue badge.

Now, my brother sent a letter in with copies of the blue badge but euro car parks have demanded my dad still pays.

My dad has told me to deal with it (after my brother's success) and I've done some research and read up on the forum.

I understand the main advice is not to get in touch with them. Well, we have but do I have a case for not paying? I think most reasonable people would say that it was a honest mistake but, after presenting all facts, my father did have the permission to park in the bay - he just made a mistake - we are all human after all.

Should I ignore any further letters or should I pay the £50 fine?

Regards,

Gurjit.

there is no FINE its a [problem] invoice

Blue Badges in the first place have no legal standing on private property

IGNORE the [problematic]

if you really want to do anything write a stinking letter to the CEO of Sainsburys about your disgust that they allow the [problem] in their carparks, and that you and your family will take their £250 etc shopping elsewhere, reminding them that the BLUE BADGE has no LEGAL status on private property,

there is another thread on the forum regarding lots of supermarkets in breach of the DDA and Blue badges, and being picked up by all the national newspapers

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

there is no FINE its a [problem] invoice

Blue Badges in the first place have no legal standing on private property

Blue badges will stop you from getting clamped or towed away.

But the bays are just graffitti on the ground.

As advised ignore the [problem] fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gurjit: IGNORE all the chain mail that comes to the door but as it will be addressed to your dad then perhaps you can find on here which debt collection and solicitors(or those pretending to be) so you can tell him in advance what he will get in case he worries about the big words and red ink!

But dont waste a stamp on them.

Here is the Euro letterchain and the letters you need to ignore:click here

This is exactly the kind of situation which makes me detest the supermarkets and the cahoots they're in with the parking scamsters. They love to go about making things nice and rosy for customers, but it's the elderly driver who forgets to display a badge (not that they're under any obligation to) who is the number one victim in these setups. Age Concern should be getting involved - a press release on a quiet news day would be ideal.

I would write and express my disgust to Sainsburys. Ignore the shameless Euro Car Parks.

If car parks are private property why can you be charged by the police for contravening parts of the road traffic act etc?

A road is defined as follows under Section 192(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1

as follows:

"Any Highway and any other road to which the public has access, and includes bridges over which a road passes.."

Doesn't include issues such as disabled bays I believe. Blue badges don't apply on private land and they say that in the accompanying information.

Thanks guys,

My dad was really stressed about this (he can't take much pressure nowadays) so it's nice to know a law abiding citizen isn't going to get stung.

However, I do feel for all those that weren't so lucky as me to come across this great forum that are paying out on a daily basis.

I'm definitely going to write to Sainsbury's MD and tell him what I think. It really is poor that they allow this sort of thing.

Warm regards,

Gurjit.

However, I do feel for all those that weren't so lucky as me to come across this great forum that are paying out on a daily basis.

I'm definitely going to write to Sainsbury's MD and tell him what I think. It really is poor that they allow this sort of thing.

Warm regards,

Gurjit.

Good on you.

Don't forget to spread the word to all your mates and family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------