annual council house inspection help urgently needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i need advice my mum and dad live in a rented council 4 bed house with my 3 siblings now they have created what i can only describe as a hoarders house.

every room is full of furniature not nice furniature either the scale of the problem culminates in my mothers bedroom which you can only just get into and that is probably a 50cm quare of space she still sleeps in here..

there is 11 wardrobes full of stuff king size bed in the middle ....5 dressing tables and god knows what else piled up ontop of every available surface.

now the thing thats bothering me is its a council rented property an they are having an annual check done...something thats never been done up until now they have lived there for 7 years. im just wondering whats going to be said by the council?? i can try and clear the stuff but i hate to think whats going to be found as its been in this state for at least 5 years the check is in 14 days time what do i need to do im stuck and really could do with advice

The worst that can happen is that the Council find it a fire risk. They will then give you time to sort it out.

They will not evict your family. Is the house generally been looked after?

• 2 weeks later...