• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Frugal yet nourishing recipes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Potato and pea soup is rather tasty and good for sensitive stomachs. You can add celery and if you like orange colours, even carrot. So you get 4 soups, each with a subtle change in flavour when adding these additional vegetables.

Soup 1: Potato and Peas on their own.

Soup 2: same as above but with celery

Soup 3: Potato, Peas and Carrot

Soup 4: All of the above.

For around 4 servings,

If you like onion and garlic, peel and thin slices or diced one onion and same again for about 5 cloves of garlic.

2lbs of potatoes chopped in quarters or as small as you like depending on how ‘smooth’ you want the soup.

around ½ lb peas (can use frozen)

if you want to mix and match with celery and carrots – around 3 or 4 sticks of celery and 6 carrots – depending how ‘rough’ or ‘smooth’ texture you want, chop or dice the celery; chop or grate the carrot

Your usual oil and usual herbs and spice (sprinkles) and ¼ teaspoon turmeric

Around 2 and half pints of hot vegetable stock

For a more creamy consistency, you can add a half-cup or more of milk or a milk substitute.

Par-boil the potatoes until they are soft enough to run a fork partway through then put into a colander and rinse under cold water.

If using the other vegetables and a ‘rough’ texture for the soup is wanted, add chopped celery and carrots with the potatoes and par-boil as above.

Rinse the pan and return to the stove.

Use about a tablespoon of your usual oil in a pan and gently warm it through on low heat.

Add whatever seasoning you usually use as well as whatever herbs you usually use and the turmeric.

If you have the onion and garlic, now is the time to add to the pan and gently stir until the onion is soft, almost ‘melting’.

Add the potatoes/vegetables, blending them in the seasoning until they are starting to go very soft, about 3-5 minutes should do it.

Add the stock and bring the whole pan to a boil. As soon as it is boiled, turn down the heat and simmer for around 20 minutes, shouldn’t be any longer than half an hour, Keep an eye on the contents and stir regularly.

During the last few minutes, no longer than five, add the peas and stir in. You can eat as is unless you adding milk or milk substitute for a creamier taste.

Depending if you want a rough texture, you can add the milk or milk substitute now and gently keep stirring until the soup is blended, say around 4/5 minutes.

If you want a smoother consistency with the creamy taste, mash up the contents of soup and then add the milk.

Edited by Lucky11

• 1 month later...
Any time you have veg or mushrooms that are starting to go past their best - make soup!

I haven't yet found a mixture that I didn't like and it's a real money and waste saver.

I do this all the time. These sorts of things are great snack aswell.

I've taken a liking for chickpeas lately. I've bought a big bag for a couple of quid and add these to soups too. Makes them more filling, and they're very good for you.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

There really is no need to stick rigedly to the best by dates, one super way to use up left overs and going soft veggies is a slow cooker. With a nice tasty stock and some meat (or not for veggy people), you have one really tasty meal. Tinned soup makes a good base as well.

Stick a tin of pineapple chunks in with the bread pudding (very cheap about 35p a tin in Morrisons) and you have an extra special pud.

My fave is to put a couple of slices of bread into a dish, tip the pineapple juice onto that, then the pineapple, then some more bread, then sprinkle liberally with brown sugar (a shot of rum goes nicely too...) and cook for about 20 mins, you can of course grill this too. Works very well with wholemeal bread.

Another good dip I've found is to take a tin of kidney beans, rinse them well and then blitz with some Philadelphia cheese or low fat cheese, add a bit of fresh chili if liked (or some grated lemon) and serve with crackers or tortilla chips (pinched from a Weight Watchers. You can make this chunky or smooth according to the way you like it.

Mods, your filter put in 'refrain from personal abuse' when it was nothing of the sort... that was why I bad to split what is an acceptable company name. really after the mess up this morning I don't think much of the upgrade!

A slow cooker is also good for cheap meals using tougher cuts of meat - and you can't beat coming home in the winter to a nice hot stew.

If you don't already have one, check out the charity shops before paying full price.

Tesco often have cheap but perfectly serviceable new ones for £10 (£17 normally I think). That is where I bought mine.

Beef stew in a slow cooker is even better than when it is done in a casserole dish IMO. A top quality meal packed with goodness, cooked while you are busy with other things and it makes the house smell lovely and homely.

Hmm - I am overdue one so I will do that this weekend. A cheap stewpack of vegetables plus a leek and a bit of garlic, some cheap stewing steak and my only luxury - a packet of pre made stock. A tbsp of tomato puree, a couple of bayleaves and a splash of red wine if you have it. Perfect.

The result - a meal you couldn't beat if you paid £12 in a pub... Plus another 2 portions to put in the freezer.

Edited by Bandit127

Hi

SWINCO - An online seller of approved clearance food and drink and household items. www.swinco.co.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Sausages,,placed in casserole dsh,,alternately layer onion,potatoe,cheese,,add half pnt of milk with chilli flakes,,generous blob of butter,,make last layer potatoe,cover and cook in oven for hour to hour n half,,take lid off,,sprinkle with cheese,grill to brown,,lovely jubbly :)

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

I did sausage casserole in my slow cooker, did four meals.

One pack sausages (I had rosemary and lamb ones from the local farmers market), lentils, tin tomatoes and shallots and layered them up, added a mug of stock and some herbs (I don't go for chillies) and left it overnight.

I did sausage casserole in my slow cooker, did four meals.

One pack sausages (I had rosemary and lamb ones from the local farmers market), lentils, tin tomatoes and shallots and layered them up, added a mug of stock and some herbs (I don't go for chillies) and left it overnight.

Oh yum yum yum,,,thats tomorrows dinner sorted :)

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

• 8 months later...

one chicken feeds our family of 5 for 3 meals

we normally buy 3 whole chickens for 10 or 12 pounds from our butchers and freezer 2

we roast the chicken and have a traditional sunday roast with it

then strip what remains he carcass for either sandwiches on monday or add to cold pasta salad etc (we save a small handfull of this meat for the soup)

then boil up the carcas and skin etc with some limp veg as a base for chicken soup for tuesday adding the small hand full of chicken we saved

the only problem i have found with this is that my 8 and 11 year old children are gutted once the soup pan is empty they have asked if we can have daddys chicken soup every day lol

i have just seen the link above for swinco who dont seem to sell much food

a much better one for food is approvedfood.co.uk

their content changes daily and some real bargains to be had