Council Tax Baliffs - Advice Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi the only thing is to try,thats all you can do,as they can not enter your property unless invited by you,or by an open door or window!I am low income p/t job (4 tiny tots)trying to better our life 4 me & kids! i missed one payment and bailiffs coming in 6 hours!

If this has been to court and a liability order obtained, then it will be a bailiff company and not a dca (debt collection company).

I can't see how this all adds up. You say your partner has an income but it doesn't cover the rent, so how are you eating and paying for utilities?

Are there any children and are you getting your child allowance?

Are you getting into arrears with your rent also?

If this has been to court and a liability order obtained, then it will be a bailiff company and not a dca (debt collection company).

I can't see how this all adds up. You say your partner has an income but it doesn't cover the rent, so how are you eating and paying for utilities?

Are there any children and are you getting your child allowance?

Are you getting into arrears with your rent also?

this was not my question.was just adding my stituation in as example!

:?:?:confused:if i pay money 2 council which is left 4 this year ,will i be with in my rights to knock off the 200 the bailiffs put on top of last years? Edited by diybird
didnt finish !

It could be that your partner's savings affected your benefit entitlement but it depends on how much there was when you claimed.

It does seem weird that you are not entitled to any benefits as a couple when your total income is less than your rent.

I recommend that you make a new thread in the Benefits forum asking if anyone there can give advice on you and your partner's entitlement to JSA, HB/LHA and CT Benefit. You could well get some good advice there as people with a lot of benefits knowledge post there.

Have a look at this, it should give you an idea of what you are entitled to:

Start Calculation

If that fails then pretend you are an illegal immigrant and they will give you a house with swimming pool, a car, servants, private tuition for the kds and £25,000 per year spending money.