Particulars of claim template

Maxie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know I'm new, but thought I'd stick my head above the parapit again! I'm glad to read the particulars of claim you have on site mentions the UTCC, I usually refer to them as unfair terms as defined in section 5, schedule 2(e) UTCC regulation 1999 - winds them up more when YOU get technical :lol:

I wonder if you might consider add an 'unjust enrichment' claim to the particulars as well? As the banks owed a duty of care to the consumer in the form of a fiduciary duty not to gain extra profit by way of 'fiduciary improprietry'. Now, if the court holds that the charges are unlawful, anythign that flows from such charges are fruits of the same poisenous tree. So, you go overdrawn £100, the banks slap on a £30 charge, they charge debit interest on the whole amount, there by a profit by wrong doing or 'unjust enrichment'. Therefore a claimant can claim restitutionary damages - it is hard to work it out exactly, but I usually add on£10 per hundred. If they want to argue the toss its going to cost them alot more than £10 per hundred to get a forensic accountant to calculate how much the made from unjust enrichment!

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Reputation Points Always Welcome

Definitely a seed of an idea there - but the consensus is that the standard template works so far (with personal circumstances amended)

However, if you try your gambit, and it gets results, then everyone would love to hear about it.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

This is one of the issues that has been causing some problems.

Essentially what you are saying is that the bank should not enrich itself by its own unlawful act ie it shouldn't for example be able to charge interest on unlawful charges. There has been a lot of debate about how to calculate these interest charges in order to reclaim them. I think you are right in that it would take the skills of a forensic accountant to do so in a complicated case.

The alternative you suggest is sa very interesting idea.

Thanks for your replies. In the particulars of claim I use, I always include a for claim unjust enrichment without any real challenge. Seminole you are exactly right. the exact terms I use are as follows:

The Claimant further claims that the Defendant owed him a duty of care in the form of a fiduciary duty not to gain extra profit and by way of ‘fiduciary impropriety’ and that by adding interest to the unlawfully levied charges, the Defendant breached that duty of care and made ‘profit by wrongdoing’ from that breach at the Claimant’s expense forming an ‘unjust enrichment’. The Claimant therefore claims restitutionary damages, in the nominal sum of £100.00, for that ‘unjust enrichment’.

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have thought about throwing 'goodwill gesture' back at the bank - but I am pressed to think what I can offer as my token...any suggestions?

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I don't think its the sort of think one should add to a pre litigation or other 'letter before action'. It really is something that is best reserved for pleadings to force a settlement.

• 10 months later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks