Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Mr Singh Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jan 2010

Default Beko Tumble Dryer Problem

I have a problem with a Beko Tumble Dryer 7kg model. The heating system does not heat the clothes. This is the second time Ive had a Beko Tumble Dryer problem. The company is unwilling to do anything even though it is under warranty!!!! Ive had it since september 2009 and it stopped working since December 2009 and still not repaired. Anyone that can help on how to fix the problem or ensure Beko sorts this tumble dryer problem out?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Default Re: Beko Tumble Dryer Problem

you issue is not with beko but with your point of sale under SOGAicon.

go back to where you purchased it and get it repaired by them.
    you may have to pay an ind eng to confirm what the fault is [element goes] but you will get the fee refunded when they repair.

[as a side note, you do know there is a reset button for the heater element, that cuts out if it gets too hot? have you found and reset that.?
    ]

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Mr Singh Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2010

Thanks for the reply. However, I have been back to the retailer numeorus times and asked them to exchange it or speak to beko on my behalf. They have not suggested to repair it for us and neither has Beko advised us that either.

The heat button was mentioned to us by the retailer, however it does not exist on the machine and neither have the 2 engineers mentioned anything about it either.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    blitz Informative blitz Informative blitz Informative blitz Informative blitz Informative

Cagger since
    Oct 2006

Its not a case of them speaking to beko on your behalf they LEGALLY must repair or replace the item if there is an inherent fault (a fault not caused by yourself or fair wear and tear).

Tell the retailer that they must repair or replace the item under the Sales of Goods Act 1979 (As Amended). The product is assumed to not conform to contract (to be inherently faulty) unless the retailer can show otherwise (Within 6 months of purchase). You do not need to provide an engineers report as DX has said imo, as it is within the 6 months.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Sales of goods act information that should help you resolve this.

BBC - The One Show - Consumer Blog: Don't be fobbed off: Sale of Goods Act - letter download

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.
    Thankyou.
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE