Best & Cheapest Home Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My home insurance is coming up for renewal so I was wondering what is the best insurance out their as I believe in having away from home cover and when I claim not being messed about all of this at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this please;)

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)

I will probably get murdered for saying this, but I found Abbey Insurance good (even if they are underwritten by Norwich Union)

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

halifax came up cheapest but with a £250 excces great site though thanks

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)

You can change the excess when you go to the insurers site to get a quote. bear in mind that Moneysupermarket take basic information to get a basic quote from all the insurers as a comparison. I am insured with halifax and I have the lowest level of excess, which I think is £75.

I'm with Halifax at the moment - actually its for buildings insurance. There is a dispute with them over the policy. They have resolved the dispute (much to my surprise they were quite helpful but it took a full week of phone calls, faxes and letters to get through to someone who knew what they were talking about!). Halifax had said they had not insured me - but for the last 10 years they were taking premiums from me. After much faff they have agreed they did in fact insure me but that when the policy is up for renewal they won't insure me again.

Just a heads up to read carefully what Halifax say to you.

1 - 18 August 2006 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

2 - 29 Ausust 2006 - Statements dated October 2002 to July 2006 received. One single statement separately packaged dated August 2006 also received. No correspondence enclosed.

3 - 6 October 2006 - Statements prior to October 2002 to July 2000 received - thiscovers statute only

I am insured with Halifax, buildings and contents and recently had a flood, causing me to claim on both. Loss adjuster was great, cheque rceived in 5 days after his visit. When work started builder found more damage - dealt with LA over phone and another cheqques came to cxover the extra work within 5 days. They are not the cheapest but I was impressed by the claims handling.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I was impressed with the Halifax when I had to claim after a burglary 3 years ago. Within 48 hours I had received replacements for items that were stolen in the burglary from their supplier (Empire Direct). My SLR camera had been discontinued so it was replaced with the latest version. I've never known an insurance company to respond so quickly to a claim!

TRY DIRECT LINE BUT GO THRU A SITE WWW.QUIDCO.CO.UK

REGISTER AND APART FROM GETTING 50% OFF DIRECT LINE HOUSE AND CONTENTS INSURANCE. YOU ALSO GET £60 CASH BACK.

CANNOT TELL YOU WHAT DIRECT LINE ARE LIKE WHEN YOU CLAIM .

JUST A WORD. IF YOU ARE ALREADY A DIRECT LINE CUSTOMER AND YOU GET YOUR RENEWAL QUOTE THRU. BEFORE YOU RENEW OVER THE PHONE OR JUST SENDING A CHEQUE OFF. CHECK OUT THIS SITE AND REPUT IN YOUR DETAILS ON THE DIRECT LINE SITE AND AS A NEW CUSTOMER YOU GET THE 50% OFF AND £60 CASH BACK .

I DID PHONE DIRECT LINE ON THE DISCREPANCY BETWEEN WHAT DIRECT LINE WERE QUOTING ME ON THEIR RENEWAL FORM AND WHAT THEIR WEBSITE WAS QUOTING ME AS A NEW CUSTOMER. I WAS TOLD THEIR WEBSITE CANNOT RECOGNISE YOU AS AN EXISTING CUSTOMER. SO IF YOU JUST KEEP "RENEWING" THRU THE WEBSITE YOU KEEP GETTING THEIR 50% DISCOUNT AS A NEW CUSTOMER.