Planning permission dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im writing on behalf of my uncle. His neighbours have put up some kind of storage shed next to his front porch. There is roughly a 2inch gap between the shed and porch. It is a total eyesore and is preventing him from gaining access to the side of his porch. It also blocks out some of his light. The local council approved planning permission for it. They have told him that the man is within his rights to put this up. My uncle has had no further contact with the council and was never asked about the shed.

If anyone can give me any advice on where he stands in regard to this and what if anything he can do to take the matter further it would be really appreciated. xxxxxx

Are you sure planning permission was even needed? If it's within the size limits for a temporary structure then the neighbour doesn't require planning permission. Something as large as a concrete double garage can fall into this category.

Well my uncle complained when they were going to put it up. The council came down and said that it was all ok. The problem is the way the houses are means its in the front garden. Could he take it any further with the council?

Cheers

xxxx