London Personal Loans Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All!!

First post here although have been reading around for quite a while indeed..

I have a couple of technical questions that I can't find an answer to so far:

My partner and I took out a secured loan (regulated under CCA 1974) with London Personal Loans Limited - signed and dated by us on 7/6/06.

The loan agreement was executed on their side 13/06/06.

Mortgage Deed dated on their part 13/06/06.

However, after looking up the details held by Companies House London Personal Loans Limited changed their name to LANGERSAL NO.2 LIMITED on the 2/5/06.

Does this have any legal bearing on the validity of the agreement?

Next question:

According to recent letters from them and also included as part of Lightstones evidence pack this loan has been transferred to Southern Pacific Mortgages Limited t/a London Personal Loans.

Should we have received a formal notice of assignment when this took place?

Also, I notice that all letters from them are letterheaded with a London Mortgage Company logo & with a footer stating that London Mortgage Company is a trading name of Southern Pacific Mortgages Limited. However, doesn't the assignment imply that a legally correct letter should be headed with a London Personal Loans logo and with a footer stating that London Personal Loans is a trading name of SPML? Are these letters still technically legal then?

One final question: I've just found another letter dating from 13/06/06 (the letter that accompanies the cheque) that states, 'from today, your loan has been legally assigned to Southern Pacific Personal Loans Limited trading as London Personal Loans' - is any of this any use in creating a defence?

Many thanks in advance!!

ZillaK :)

Edited by ZillaK
corrections..

Slight correction to the above post:

'from today, your loan has been legally assigned to Southern Pacific Personal Loans trading as London Personal Loans' and not limited as I stated above.

Additionally, this letter is on headed paper that states LPL is a trading name of SPPL Limited (company reg no 4096093)..

The evidence documents used by Lightstone state that the loan was assigned to Southern Pacific Mortgages Limited from London Personal Loans Limited and the charge on the property held by the Land Registry also states Southern Pacific Mortgages Limited.

Does this mean that I have evidence to challenge the registered charge held in title & that technically this is currently an unsecured loan because SPML don't actually have rights to title - SPPLL do?

ZillaK:)

• 3 weeks later...