• Tweets

• Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • i have clarified your thread title and your post to make it easier to understand. if you have their engineers report, thats good enough. it will be their decision to repair, refund or replace. but they must under CRA do one of the above. to date how have you been in contacting the manu?  
    • Thank you both, I will make those changes. I have also downloaded the compensation list to add to the evidence and complete the protection bit off their website.  I am going to court next Thursday to deliver the bundle; I will confirm this on Tuesday. I have been to court a few times to represent the military when a soldier is in court, but I will be going. Thank you for all the additional advice. Once I have the whole bundle, I will email it to the admin email. Ill be honest, this is not about the money for me, I do not mind losing that, so I will not be signing a confidentiality agreement.   You guys are amazing
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Computeach! or will they?

leaves007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was mis sold a Computeach course in Jan '09 financed by Barclays Partner

Finance. Promises of top tutors & online experts that could get me trained

up & back in work in reality turned out to be two badly written books &

online support that was down most of the time. Computeach have said they

wont refund the £2700!!! paid by Barclays....can somebody help. I notice now

that there are a lot of people who have been ripped off by these [problematic]!

I haven't paid anything yet but they wont payment before the 24th Jan or it

will go up to £5.583 on there 28.9% loan. Help!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Please if anybody can help with this Computeach nightmare that is driving me to distraction... I was sold a course in Jan '09 for £2700 I was told computeach was a top training centre for the industry & because I already had NVQ's in IT they could get me a job in the industry. They'd also advise me that I didn't have to pay a thing until I was in an IT job!

I wish I hadn't but I signed up. Well all I can say is that everything they promised is no way near the reality. Two badly written books an inset day that was run by well, lets just say not very expert experts...and the online training/course work is second rate to put it polity.

I have repeatedly asked for me money back but to no avail as its outside there 2 week money back clause. Oh did I mention the books don't come until that option is no longer vaild...

I have a young family & debts mounting up I really don't know what to do...

Hi leaves007

It's computeach here. We are confused by some of the things you have posted about us and we are not sure you are in fact a real student. Perhaps you are, but could you phone our Director on 01384 458515 to discuss your case. Thanks.

We have received a complaint from Computeach about the first post in this thread.

I think that it is very good of Computeach to come in and respond to the complaint here.

I think that a telephone call to them as suggested sounds like a very reasonable step to take.

I don't think that it is necessary to start multiple threadss on the same issue. I am merging this thread with your other one on the same topic

Thank you BankFodder for your reply, sorry about the double thread. I have called the Director Andy Coleyshaw as suggested. He wasn't available...Hmm see where this is going. Apparently he's not dealing with my complaint??

Computeach's complaint technique is to deny that any problem exists. I was mis sold one of there courses and charged a large amount of money. I have a young family and times are difficult. So don't patronise me Computeach with your benign comments about being annoyed!!! your dam right I am!

Selling these courses with false promises & assurances is wrong.

I wont rest until I get my money back!

• 2 weeks later...

Leaves

I am currently in the middle of a long complaint with computeach. I was missold a product - or more to the point what I was signing up for was pitched by a misleading and pushy salesman (His name was Darren Aspray who surprisingly no longer works there). Additionally, I believe the loan agreement which I unwittingly signed (the salesperson kept making reference to a sponsor who covered it when in fact the "sponsor" was Clydesdale Finance). It was for £4200 with a whopping 29% apr taking it to over £10,000.

After several exchanges with computeach (and Clydesdale Finance who, to be fair, have been very accomodating) I am almost at the point where I am ready to "go legal". (I have also been chatting to a friend I know in the press who is taking an interest).

I was in a vulnerable position at the time having just been made redundant, so I didn't really think this would be a standard loan (hence the reference to a sponsor) as I didn't think anyone would let me have ten grand when I was unemployed. I then thought back and remember the salesperson telling me to say that I am a "Customer Service Manager", which, in hindsight, should have started ringing alarm bells.

Suffice to say, let me know how your'e doing, I think I am a bit further down the line in the process but I'll be interested to know how you get on. By the letter of the law, Comp are well within their rights to keep the money, but that doesn't make it right - and when you throw into the mix a pushy salesman and a potentially dodgy credit agreement then it makes it worth fighting. I had no hope of paying the £10,000 and I have no hope now although I am making goodwill payments on a debt management plan via the Consumer Credit Counselling service whilst this is resolved.

To date I have recieved a £40 book which has several factual inconsistencies and it's costing me £10,000. That's not right is it?

Hi Stuartw1975

I am pursuing the legal route at the moment. Coming from a media background I have many friends across the media spectrum. They are very interested in this Computeach ...I'm sure you're aware of how many complaints there are on the internet alone! Supposedly Computeach are trying to remove all negative comments written about them.

We will get our money back Computeach! Anybody effected write to BBC Watchdog inform Radio Press... there is also a facebook site.

Hi Leaves

Do you want to drop me your email address via pm so we can have a proper discussion - wouldn't mind seeing where we are both up to with this, perhaps we can give each other some pointers, I can show you the complaint letters and responses i've had so far.

Stuart

Hi i also am having my issues with a refund, my debt is around the 6k mark.

My story is somewhat different tho, i was a soldier for 3 and a half years, served in iraq in 2007/8, after coming back from iraq i sustained injuroes which after a year of medical review it was decided i would be discharged as unknown to me i had hypermobilty which as a solider isnt a good thing to have, under normal cercumstances its not a problem, but after 3+ years of hard work my joints have sustained damage, i contacted computeach about situation, my doctor in the army aslo wrote to them that a career in computers would not be beneficial to me as the risk to further damage to my wrist and other joints is high. Indeed computeach canceled the course, stopped my access to services but left me with the debt. i have contacted the watchdog and am taking it as far as i can, if this is how they treat soliders then god help those in other circumstances, i will also contact the british legion and am gaining support from the conservative government as i am a member of there party too. I am also awaiting a run down of european laws as to the best of my knowledge computeach are in breach of some laws. They have deceved so many and it is time to end this, computeach if you are reading this thread then many are gathering to bring justice to you as you have not upheld your end of the bargain to deal with those you are trusted to help.

• 5 months later...
We have received a complaint from Computeach about the first post in this thread.

I think that it is very good of Computeach to come in and respond to the complaint here.

I think that a telephone call to them as suggested sounds like a very reasonable step to take.

theres nothing good about computeach to come in theres nothing good about computeach they are the biggest [problem] going and im going to expose them for what they are over priced and all they want is to sign you up and get your money quick so you cant back out i thought i was alone on this till a google search of over 5500 came back under computeach complaints and a group on facebook and even on trading standards website complaints go back to 2002 how are they even still going ?

• 4 weeks later...

I am shocked by how many people this has affected. Has anyonee managed to get anywhere with their case in terms of getting any money back, or stopping the payments. My partner has paid £1000 for 2 books, and has debt of 5000. He was mislead and pushed into something he was too vulnerable to even know what it was about. Surely if we all come together we will make more noise to them and then they cant just ignore people. It must be publicised how they are taking of advantage of people.

Any advice would be appreciated, this has been going on for too many years now.

• 4 weeks later...

join this group (Legal Action against computeach) on facebook do not forget to email dudley trading standards watchdog and your local papers and radio stations also microsoft need to be informed to.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find that group on Facebook.

However, if anyone is looking to pursue them through the courts, try looking into their fiduciary duty to do their best for their customers. It might be worth a shot.

Fiduciary duty means they have a duty to ensure that anything they do on your behalf is for your best interests. It might be argued that not properly vetting a person's ability to complete the course may be a breach of their fiduciary duty. I may be wrong, but it's worth investigating....

Edited by cashdesk
Formatting

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have also being paying advent / computeach I am in a major dilemor. Basically I first signed up with @advent for about £7,000 on an in-house Barclays Loan. The reason I signed up was because I wanted an apprenticeship in webdesigning or a job in it paying at £20,000 a year while learning. The salesman said to me that I would have to pay this money and they will gaurentee me a job also he did say I would be doing all the training at a workshop. I havent even been to the workshop once they tell me that I have to pass a 1 test from this £50 12,000 page book before I go to the workshop.I struggle to read that much and remember I only learn from doing things myself or when people show me i.e. having a tutor which I was also told that I would get. I wasnever told that the whole course was going to be learning a book. Its a complete joke. Its been a year of a complete mess. I havent learnt one thing that I dont already know since they moved to Computeach. I feel very upset and stressed out as I owe about £6,000 for something that im not getting (a job and knowledge). I spoke to Computeach and they told me to go on there online service, I havent got a clue what you do on that system none of it really made sense to me. I dont know what to do I have lost my job 3 months ago and am really now in finacial diffuclty I have a little boy that depends on me and am renting a house. How do I cancel this missold debt? What is recommended to do?I think I am having to go legal.

• 4 months later...

I run a IT Training advice website (it-training-advice.com) offering expert advice gained from 15 years working as an IT professional. My FREE advice is impartial and is about the real world of IT and not a dream sold by training companies to sell their courses. Please let others know, it's vitally important to get expert advice before embarking on a career in IT, from someone who has worked successfully in IT, as they can tell you what's HOT and what's NOT, helping avoid the pitfalls many fall for.

Edited by Paul_Johnson
unauthorised data included

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to share my experience with anyone looking to take a course with Computeach.I called them a few months ago as i like many others wanted the opportunity to work in the IT industry.I received a phone call from a careers advisor (really a telesales person) explaining how the course works and how much it costs.No longer do they charge for each course they charge for a subscription period £1799 for 12 months or £3599 for 24 months.

During the call they informed me that they went thru a selection process as they had not enough places for everyone who wanted to enrol.They needed to write a report and send it to the admissions team who would make the final decision.

I have been in sales a long time so i know this is just another sales ploy to make you feel special if you got accepted.Surprise surprise i got accepted and they wanted me to enrol with them.I said i would think about it and would call them back.

A few weeks later i ran into an old school friend in the pub and while we were talking i found out this person worked for Computeach as a careers advisor (they told me the job title is actually Telesales Advisor).I asked them many questions and they confirmed that the selection process was just a ploy and no report gets written or sent anywhere.

This person also told me that they had sales targets and had to get at least 4 sales a week or they got put on improvement plans.

Now i am not saying that computeach are not a good company to train with i just think that if a company lies from the outset what else are they not telling you.As Paul Johnson said previously do your research on how many jobs are really out their and what experience they want you to have.Also their are lots and lots of places that run these courses some i have found are cheaper,others are a lot more expensive.The last thing this person said to me was if you do not want to attend the workshops they offer a reduced rate which they only tell you about as the last resort to save the deal of £1309.This means that you do not go to the workshops and can only contact the tutors by email.

I just wanted to give people the full story of what i have learn.This way you can decide if IT really is for you and which company to train with.The alternative is to buy the books off amazon and self study,this way is a whole lot cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

Very interested to know of anyone in the Cheshunt/ Hertfordshire/ South East area that was duped into a Computeach course like I was.

I was promised by the slimy sales rep I'd be in a £22,000 job within 6 months, that I'd have 1st class career advisors on hand to help me, A grade coursework and study materials, online support at my disposal etc etc. His name was Derek Barrett or something beginning with 'B'. Perhaps he cam to your house too???

Do not study with Computeach, don't fall for their ploys and keep well clear. I know first hand that they 'take your money and run'. I don't care what anyone says, they'll rip you off.

I signed up in August 2003 and am now £4000 worse off!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just had to chime in here when I saw this thread, it's like some kind of unfortunate deja vu.

First up, I would advise anybody DO NOT 'STUDY' WITH COMPUTEACH! (sorry about the caps). It is a con and either they know they are conning you or they are too stupid to be teaching the kind of material they claim they provide.

I would also recommend an alternative to them: any local college. For 4 grand at computeach you will get less than you will by doing a local college course in simple programming which would probably cost you hundreds at most and if you are out of work, young etc you might even be able to get local college courses discounted or free.

Computeach prey upon desparate people who really want to get into the IT world. They will suck your ambition out of you and leave you with debt (I personally got a Barclays Career Development Loan to pay them in 2001). 10 years later I am debt free and was reminiscing on the stupid money desicions I had made in my life, giving Computeach 4 grand was probably the most stupid.

Their career support will be nothing that you cannot get by going to a local IT recruitment agency and talking to people that place people in the industry everyday (and will probably help you with your CV for nothing if you talk to them nicely). Find out what they are looking for and you will realise that nothing computeach has to offer is worth it (not at that price certainly).

Computeach will continue to try and bleed you, they will require impossibly high passmarks on assignments and when your year (or whatever it is) runs out you will get a letter in the post asking for another 2 or more grand in order to continue your 'course'.

What does Computeach do for all this money? Sets up a forum online which is less useful than most free internet forums, sends you some documents that probably cost it 5 quid to produce and occasionally marks some papers (I found this was the extent of the person to person interaction).

As for professional exams you can learn all of this by using the systems themselves and reading the books about them. The exams themselves will cost you something like 50 quid to sit. Don't be conned into thinking you need to spend grands on getting these professional certs from microsoft etc (go and do some research).

I beg anyone who has come into contact with Computeach (or any other online 'training' company) DO NOT USE THEM. Really it's all out there for the taking at local colleges and employment agencies (that specialise in IT and related) and at the book shop. Get involved in your local or online nerd groups that regularly and openly discuss these subjects and teach yourself. You will find more on a few pages of wikipedia than all of the material that Computeach will provide and the face-to-face will be null.

As far as I know those people that go around selling the Computeach courses/schemes are themselves probably hooked into some pyramid selling scheme, I wouldn't trust any of it.

Come on, people; for 4 grand you could do a full time MSc and be far more employable. Computeach is dressing mutton up as lamb and selling it at a 1000% mark up. You could get what it sells much cheaper elsewhere and not feel conned.

Thank you for reading my rant.

It's also clear that Computeach are getting so many complaints about them they've set someone on the case of trying to go out there onto the forums and attempt to censor everything.

Sorry Computeach but it's never going to happen people will hear about your con, nothing you can do about it. If you knew anything about computers you would probably understand that, there's too many forums and networks out there. You would be better off trying to keep your head down now and counting your ill gotten gains (maybe thinking of your next con?).

Please people Computeach training you and getting you into the IT industry is about as likely as you suddenly receiving 2 million dollars from a nigerian benefactor (one that just needs you to send them 4 grand to release the funds first).

It's a [problem].

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks