Liable for Council tax?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a summons for payment of council tax from a neighbouring council to the one I currently live in from almost 2 years ago, when I rented a property for 6 weeks whilst refurbing mine.

Now the agreement with the landlord was that everything was included in rent but he has since amended the agreement (poorly IMO) so that certain items are now due, one being the CT. The agreement was written not printed, and I am unable to find my copy.

So the council have been unwilling to get involved or attempt to resolve this in any way. I have asked for nnumerous things including a meeting with the landlord where we can all inspect the original agreement. They just hide behind the DPA and makeit my issue with the landlord.

One other point, the agreement is in joint names and my partner hasn't had a summons; only me.

Is there anything I can do as I feel I have exhausted all avenues on this but don't want to go to court if I am just going to lose as its a waste of time (and a bit more money too).

Thanks