car accident advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I wondered if anyone could help with the following. I recently had a car accident, which wasn't my fault. The next day I had a message on my phone from the third party's insurers, saying "We're sorry to hear about your incident and to put your mind at rest we're accepting responsibility".

I told my insurers about this call. But, a few days later, my insurers got in touch to tell me that my third party's insurers received no further information from their client. I mentioned their phone call to me again, but my lot said they hadn't heard anything about it, even though they'd spoken to the third party's lot that very same day.

Am I missing something here? Can an insurers company accept responsibility without actually accepting it? And can they change their mind?

GG

Capital One: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 14 Nov 06, Prelim 8 Dec 06, LBA 10 Jan 07, MCOL 1 Mar 07. Settled in full 2 Apr 07. :)

HSBC: Prelim 27 Feb 07, LBA 10 Apr 2007, Received offer 25 Apr 07. Rejected 2nd May 07. Received new offer 22 May 2007. Accepted 22 May 2007. Settled.

Barclaycard: SAR 2nd May 2007.

hi GG,

if your insurer had reported it to them that day, they may say they admit liability on a without prejudice basis, to avoid you going to accident management companies.

on the otherhandit may have been an error on their part, and yes, an admission can be withdrawn.

Insurance Guy

If I can offer any help I will....

I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales :D

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN

FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)