ULR (MotorPlus) won't pay exces protection for Bike accident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My partner has recently been in a motorbike accident, which resulted in the bike being written off. When he bought his insurance policy (via telephone) he was upsold the option for 'excess protection' as his excess was £450. When he had the accident in October he informed the insurance company 4 days later and police were present to complete a full report. He has now received a cheque from the insurers minus the excess. He has called the excess protect company (MotorPlus) today to find out how he can claim this back and has been informed that they will not pay as he did not inform them within 30 days of the accident. It was not made clear when he bought the policy that the 2 companies were not linked so this seems like a convenient way to get around making payments.

I want to know whether we have any grounds to fight this as it seems extremely unfair and he has regularly liaised with the insurance company since the accident.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

do you have any seperate policy documents for the excess protection policy?

Insurance Guy

If I can offer any help I will....

I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales :D

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN

FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)

Yes - when he received his insurance policy it came with an additional letter confirming the excess protection. This has come with an additional page which states the conditions of the policy.

One of these conditions under what is not covered states 'any claim notified more than 30 days after the date of the insured event'.

However, I feel it is also important to mention that this letter is on headed paper from the company he is insured with (whom he did inform within 4 days as per my previous post).