Contribution Based JSA to Income Based JSA

Braveheart2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Anyone been on contribution based JSA for 6 months and then went onto income based allowance? Girl at the job centre said you need to apply whats the chances of you getting it? And will it be more or less than what you currently get? Is there the back to work scheme after 6 months on contribution based allowance?

Thanks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether you get it would depend on you, and your partner's (if you have a partner) income, and capital. It's £64.30 per week for a single person and £100.95 for a couple. If your income is more than the applicable amounts, you won't qualify, nor will you qualify if your savings are above £16000.00.

If you have savings of £6000.00 or less, they won't affect your entitlement to income based JSA.

If you have savings of between £6000.00 and £16000.00, they amount of JSA you would receive would be reduced £1 per week for every £250.00 (or part thereof) between £6000.00 and £16000.00.

After 6 months of contribution based JSA, your contributions are "exhausted" and you are no longer entitled to contribution based JSA. Once you have been receiving income based JSA for 6 months or more, your jobsearch will be expected to be widened and you will be expected to do more to find work, which may include being placed in programmes designed to support this.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi.

Ive just gone from CB JSA to IB JSA and it went (quite) smoothly, I had a group meeting at the 6 month point and it was all mostly sorted then, then was a cockup when my payment didnt arrive in my bank as expected so I phoned up and it arrived 3 days later.

I didnt have to re-apply or anything, I was automatically elligible, being single and having no savings.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Whether you get it would depend on you, and your partner's (if you have a partner) income, and capital. It's £64.30 per week for a single person and £100.95 for a couple. If your income is more than the applicable amounts, you won't qualify, nor will you qualify if your savings are above £16000.00.

If you have savings of £6000.00 or less, they won't affect your entitlement to income based JSA.

If you have savings of between £6000.00 and £16000.00, they amount of JSA you would receive would be reduced £1 per week for every £250.00 (or part thereof) between £6000.00 and £16000.00.

After 6 months of contribution based JSA, your contributions are "exhausted" and you are no longer entitled to contribution based JSA. Once you have been receiving income based JSA for 6 months or more, your jobsearch will be expected to be widened and you will be expected to do more to find work, which may include being placed in programmes designed to support this.

My question was will I have to reapply for IB JSA or will it go over automatically as Andy has put it as the jobcentre have already got my details?

Hi.

Ive just gone from CB JSA to IB JSA and it went (quite) smoothly, I had a group meeting at the 6 month point and it was all mostly sorted then, then was a cockup when my payment didnt arrive in my bank as expected so I phoned up and it arrived 3 days later.

I didnt have to re-apply or anything, I was automatically elligible, being single and having no savings.

Andy

That's good to hear puts my mind at rest. When was this done this year? Rules change all the time. What sort of group meeting was it? Glad your on IB JSA lots of benefits you get dentist, free £2k education courses, prescription medicine, glasses, books etc

Kind of. ESA© doesn't expire (exhaust) the way JSA© does. If you're entitled to the contributory benefit when you claim, you'll continue to be entitled to it as long as you meet the generic conditions for ESA - there is no six month limit.

If you need to claim means-tested ESA, then the rules about income and capital are broadly the same as JSA.

All the people on DLA are now classified as contribution based ESA and means tested ESA?

All the people on DLA are now classified as contribution based ESA and means tested ESA?

I'm not sure I understand the question. DLA and ESA are paid for different purposes. It is perfectly possible to be in receipt of both.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi Guys,

Anyone been on contribution based JSA for 6 months and then went onto income based allowance? Girl at the job centre said you need to apply whats the chances of you getting it? And will it be more or less than what you currently get? Is there the back to work scheme after 6 months on contribution based allowance?

Thanks.

I have. Moved over to Income based about July. It was very straightforward although I seem to remember taking in up to date bank statements. I didn't have to do any group meetings or back to work schemes but that might be because there aren't any places in my area. I did start temping just after though so that might be why.

I'm single, also claiming HB and CT.

Jan

• 1 month later...

According to one of the advisers there unless there misleading me you have to reapply for your job seekers allowance rather than switching over told me to inquire nearer to the time in March.

Not looking forward to this at all. I mean I feel I may not get it as they will come out with some absurd reason.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am wondering if it is a good idea to start the application process of JSA before being terminated from employment, which is expected? Won't the job centre question why I applied on a certain date before termination if it did happen? Usually they want a exceptional reason why you didn't apply right after you get terminated?

Thx.

They would class this as a claim in advance which is not allowed for JSA claims.

What you are supposed to do is claim from the day following your termination of employment or as soon after as is possible.

Hi,

I am wondering if you would be entitled to a disability element on JSA CB/IB if you have been effected by a non physical injury whilst on duty which has a long term effect and your contracted has ended due to this and in getting other type of work in your sector than what you have done in the past basically meaning harder to gain employment outwith your regular field? Is their any allowances for that? This is backed up by a doctors line.

Thanks.

As far as I am aware from my old processing days, only a claim to DLA or another benefit such as Indutrial Injuries Disablement Benefit would attract a disability premium for JSA or if you had a partner who was receiving or had an underlying entitlement to these benefits or long term incapacity benefit or ESA.

Thanks Nystafmite has just posted the link from Direct Gov and I forgot about the part of being regitered as blind sorry.

Edited by flumps1976

Direct Gov says:

If you are aged under 60, you may be able to get this premium if any of the following applies:

you receive Disability Living Allowance

you receive Incapacity Benefit - long term rate

you receive Severe Disablement Allowance

you are provided with an invalid vehicle

you receive payments through the invalid vehicle scheme, or war pensioners vehicle scheme

the mobility component of your Disability Living Allowance is being paid directly to Motability Operations

you are registered blind

your partner is receiving any of the above

your partner is receiving Attendance Allowance

You may also get the disability premium if you're incapable of employment (or receiving Statutory Sick Pay) for at least 364 days. Or 196 days if you're terminally ill. Periods of incapacity separated by 56 days or less can be linked together when calculating the qualifying period.

Hi,

I am unsure which one to apply for as my 28 week SSP is coming to an end. I am about to be terminated due to illness, which prevents me from doing my current role, but I am able to work in other types of work but not what my profession is used to?

Thanks.

if you can do any work for at least 16 hours a week, it's JSA. If you can't do any work, it's ESA.

What happens if a person falls between the gap here, the 1 to 15 hours a week? This is the area that always confuses me. The last couple of ESA Tribunals I had, the DWP submissions all gave the impression that ESA is for people who cannot work at all. If that was the case, surely we wouldn't have the WRAG?

Rae.

• 2 weeks later...

The payroll department should be able to produce them for you.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

They will need to be recent ones. Does her wage not get paid into the bank? If it does I would take your bank statement to show the amounts being paid in. When is your meeting and when is her boss back? Is there no-one else in the company that could even write a letter confirming her hours worked and her wage?