Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Braveheart2009 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Dec 2009

Default Contribution Based JSA to Income Based JSA

Hi Guys,

Anyone been on contributionicon based JSA for 6 months and then went onto income based allowance? Girl at the job centre said you need to apply whats the chances of you getting it? And will it be more or less than what you currently get? Is there the back to work scheme after 6 months on contributionicon based allowance?

Thanks.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2008
    I am in
    teramnian!!

Default Re: Contribution Based JSA to Income Based JSA

Whether you get it would depend on you, and your partner's (if you have a partner) income, and capital. It's 64.30 per week for a single person and 100.95 for a couple. If your income is more than the applicable amounts, you won't qualify, nor will you qualify if your savings are above 16000.00.

If you have savings of 6000.00 or less, they won't affect your entitlement to income based JSA.

If you have savings of between 6000.00 and 16000.00, they amount of JSA you would receive would be reduced 1 per week for every 250.00 (or part thereof) between 6000.00 and 16000.00.

After 6 months of contributionicon based JSA, your contributions are "exhausted" and you are no longer entitled to contributionicon based JSA. Once you have been receiving income based JSA for 6 months or more, your jobsearch will be expected to be widened and you will be expected to do more to find work, which may include being placed in programmes designed to support this.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.
    (exceptions for prior authorisation)

If my advice has been helpful, please show your gratitude by taking a moment to click on the star icon on the bottom strip of my post

download the CAG toolbar

Follows
    Following

Site Team andydd Authoritative andydd Authoritative andydd Authoritative andydd Authoritative andydd Authoritative andydd Authoritative andydd Authoritative andydd Authoritative andydd Authoritative

Cagger since
    Feb 2009

Hi.

Ive just gone from CB JSA to IB JSA and it went (quite) smoothly, I had a group meeting at the 6 month point and it was all mostly sorted then, then was a cockup when my payment didnt arrive in my bank as expected so I phoned up and it arrived 3 days later.

I didnt have to re-apply or anything, I was automatically elligible, being single and having no savings.

Andy

Basic Account Holder EYEBALLS01 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2008
    I am in
    Kent

Sorry to hijack but Erika do the same rules apply for ESA?

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!
    Follows
    Following

Site Team antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

Quote Originally Posted by EYEBALLS01 View Post
    Sorry to hijack but Erika do the same rules apply for ESA?
    Kind of. ESA(C) doesn't expire (exhaust) the way JSA(C) does. If you're entitled to the contributory benefit when you claim, you'll continue to be entitled to it as long as you meet the generic conditions for ESA - there is no six month limit.

If you need to claim means-tested ESA, then the rules about income and capital are broadly the same as JSA.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2008
    I am in
    teramnian!!

No, Eyeballs I don't believe so. The contributions based ESA is ongoing.

EDIT: Posted at the same time as Antone. Antone is far better placed than I, for ESA queries lol. I haven't studied it in depth yet, so only know the basics of ESA at the moment.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.
    (exceptions for prior authorisation)

If my advice has been helpful, please show your gratitude by taking a moment to click on the star icon on the bottom strip of my post

download the CAG toolbar

Follows
    Following

Site Team antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaPNP View Post
    No, Eyeballs I don't believe so. The contributions based ESA is ongoing.

EDIT: Posted at the same time as Antone. Antone is far better placed than I, for ESA queries lol. I haven't studied it in depth yet, so only know the basics of ESA at the moment.
    Heh. Well, your answer was correct there

Basic Account Holder EYEBALLS01 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2008
    I am in
    Kent

Thanks to you both. I`m on contributionicon based ESA. worked 34 years now have been granted ill health retirement but don`t know figures yet. I take it I will lose my support level ESA?

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

Quote Originally Posted by EYEBALLS01 View Post
    Thanks to you both. I`m on contributionicon based ESA. worked 34 years now have been granted ill health retirement but don`t know figures yet. I take it I will lose my support level ESA?
    If you are on contributionicon based ESA, you are able to receive some occupational pension. The first 85 per week will be fully disregarded, and as such will not affect your payments. After that, 1/2 of any amount over 85 is disregarded, the rest will be deducted from your benefit.

If, for any reason, you needed to claim ESA(IR) then any pension income would be counted as income and deducted from your benefit.

Cagger since
    Dec 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaPNP View Post
    Whether you get it would depend on you, and your partner's (if you have a partner) income, and capital. It's 64.30 per week for a single person and 100.95 for a couple. If your income is more than the applicable amounts, you won't qualify, nor will you qualify if your savings are above 16000.00.

If you have savings of 6000.00 or less, they won't affect your entitlement to income based JSA.

If you have savings of between 6000.00 and 16000.00, they amount of JSA you would receive would be reduced 1 per week for every 250.00 (or part thereof) between 6000.00 and 16000.00.

After 6 months of contributionicon based JSA, your contributions are "exhausted" and you are no longer entitled to contributionicon based JSA. Once you have been receiving income based JSA for 6 months or more, your jobsearch will be expected to be widened and you will be expected to do more to find work, which may include being placed in programmes designed to support this.
    My question was will I have to reapply for IB JSA or will it go over automatically as Andy has put it as the jobcentre have already got my details?

Quote Originally Posted by andydd View Post
    Hi.

Ive just gone from CB JSA to IB JSA and it went (quite) smoothly, I had a group meeting at the 6 month point and it was all mostly sorted then, then was a cockup when my payment didnt arrive in my bank as expected so I phoned up and it arrived 3 days later.

I didnt have to re-apply or anything, I was automatically elligible, being single and having no savings.

Andy
    That's good to hear puts my mind at rest. When was this done this year? Rules change all the time. What sort of group meeting was it? Glad your on IB JSA lots of benefits you get dentist, free 2k education courses, prescription medicine, glasses, books etc

Quote Originally Posted by antone View Post
    Kind of. ESA(C) doesn't expire (exhaust) the way JSA(C) does. If you're entitled to the contributory benefit when you claim, you'll continue to be entitled to it as long as you meet the generic conditions for ESA - there is no six month limit.

If you need to claim means-tested ESA, then the rules about income and capital are broadly the same as JSA.
    All the people on DLA are now classified as contribution based ESA and means tested ESA?

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

All the people on DLA are now classified as contributionicon based ESA and means tested ESA?
    I'm not sure I understand the question. DLA and ESA are paid for different purposes. It is perfectly possible to be in receipt of both.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Jan4a Informative Jan4a Informative Jan4a Informative Jan4a Informative Jan4a's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart2009 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Anyone been on contributionicon based JSA for 6 months and then went onto income based allowance? Girl at the job centre said you need to apply whats the chances of you getting it? And will it be more or less than what you currently get? Is there the back to work scheme after 6 months on contributionicon based allowance?

Thanks.

I have. Moved over to Income based about July. It was very straightforward although I seem to remember taking in up to date bank statements. I didn't have to do any group meetings or back to work schemes but that might be because there aren't any places in my area. I did start temping just after though so that might be why.

I'm single, also claiming HB and CT.

Jan

Cagger since
    Dec 2009

According to one of the advisers there unless there misleading me you have to reapply for your job seekers allowance rather than switching over told me to inquire nearer to the time in March.

Not looking forward to this at all. I mean I feel I may not get it as they will come out with some absurd reason.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE