Holiday Insurance claim issue.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello First post here.

My wife and I recently went to Corfu for two weeks holiday. Whilst there my wife fell and broke her wrist and I was hospitalised twice after picking an infection up. We missed our flight back as I was still in hospital so I arranged our own flights back to Birmingham with Thomson as Thomas Cook were only prepared to fly us to Gatwick. When we finally got back home after 20 days in Corfu I calculated my out of pocket expenses as 920 euros. I put a claim in to the holiday insurance (Argos Insurance for AIG) detailing everything clearly and today I received a cheque for £126 as "Full and final payment". I have no idea what this covers as there is no explanation at all.

Am I obliged to accept this or is it worth contesting it. I assume that AIG must be accepting some reponsibility as they have made a payment. To be honest after reading a lot of insurance related stories recently I wasn't expecting any payment. I thought they would have all sorts of reasons why they couldn't pay. I was hoping that if they did pay I would get more than £126!

Many thanks,

Dave.

give them a call and ask them.

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

• 1 year later...

Is it really that long since I made this post?! Sorry, but here is the rest of the story. Because I was hospitalised twice in Corfu the insurance company opened two separate claims. The above payment was for one of the claims. I received another payment for just under £700 for the other claim. They stated that there were some taxi fares that they would not cover. I decided to accept these payments as this had dragged on for months and months. This was not the fault of AIG though, it was caused by my GP. The insurance company wanted my GP to answer a questionnaire about my health. The GP's receptionist then left it on her desk from December 2009 until April 2010! AIG kept ringing me for information for months and although the GP's receptionist insisted it had been sent (and charged me £15 for it) it was eventually found when I walked in and "kicked up a stink"! I took the letter and posted it myself and the settlement arrived within weeks.