insurance company won't provide a courtsey car because of 9 points????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a car accident on Monday, i beleive it's not my fault however the decision is still to be made. M&S car insurance have sold me a fully comp policy. When i asked M&S if this included a courtsey car they said yes.

Now they won't provide one as they say the T&C's of their hire people don't allow people with 9 points to have one and if i had of checked the policy documents it would state this.

I have read through the policy documents and it states a car will be provided subject to the rental company's terms and conditions.

No T&C's for the rental company are included in the policy documents and I was not told this when purchsing the policy.

Does anyone have any advice what i can do. i have spoken to M&S, the underwriters Fortis and the motor legal department.

Please help!!!

Start the complaint ball rolling & then the ombudsman,there is also nothing on their website to say that there maybe restrictions. If they were happy to take your premium with you disclosing the 9pts then they should have advised that the hire car option would no longer be available. Looks like you have paid extra and are not entitled to its benefits.

They also do not mention which hire company? so you can assume like insurers T & C will be different for each.

Our company uses enterprise,theirs could be hertz etc,how would you know the T&C for every hirer.

they should find you a hire company that will put you back on the road.

surely by saying subject to t's & c's of hire company they are covering themselves.

I dont know of many hire companies who would risk a 9pt driver!

Insurance Guy

If I can offer any help I will....

I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales :D

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN

FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)

Maybe,but as the OP stated if they dont tell you the hire company T&C or which hire company, how are you going to know.

The OP has possibly paid extra for this benefit (as its offered with a premium policy or pay extra for an MS standard policy).

all insurers could play the T & C card and just issue blank policies:D:

Breakdown cover (you are subject to T&C) but dont tell you what they are.:grin:

Legal Proctection (you are subject to T & C) but dont tell you what they are.:grin:

Insurance policy (you are subject to T & C) but dont tell you what they are.:grin:

If they are referring to the T & C of a hire car company they use then surely they should supply those T & C???