Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder outelligent Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2009

Default paid a week in hand

Hi, I left a job a few months ago.

While working there on my first week i never got paid because they said i get paid a week in hand.

so this should mean when I leve I get paid 2x wages.

But when i left i was not paid 2x wages.

This happend 2 months ago can i still claim this money back? also i dont have any proof because i did not keep my wage slips, can i request them to send me the proof?

Basic Account Holder INSURANCEGUY Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2009

Default Re: paid a week in hand

Hi,

yes you can still look to recover this.

In the first instance, I would contact your employer and ask them for an explanation, it may just be an oversight.

If you need details of your pay slips etc, you may submit a Subject Access Report, under the Data Protection Act, and they would then have to supply all information held, and as they have to keep a record of wages they would have to supply this.

Insurance Guy
    If I can offer any help I will....
    I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN
    FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details