• Tweets

• They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Kettering Council, disputed Ctax and Rossendales

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have a story for you, so bear with me.

19th Sept 2008 we left the house we rented having been in a long term and heated dispute over various issues with the landlord having lived there for over 10 years.

We had paid our Council Tax to KBC right up to when we left, and even sent them a letter to say we where leaving the area.

We where then effectively homeless for 8-9 months, we came down to Sussex so my wife could be close to her little sister who is medically in a very bad way.

So we stayed in a "Winter let" Until 1st Jan 2009 in a holiday caravan that was 3 feet deep in rain water, then we moved to another holiday let for 2 months in a house in Hastings. The lady who owned the caravan invited us back and said if I did some key maintenance to that and her other caravan on the holiday site, we could stay for free until she had a holiday booking.. Which we jumped at and we took great care of both her caravans, she was a really nice lady and I felt duty bound to do whatever I could for her.

During that time Kettering Borough Council called me and sent letters to the site (and we got into trouble for that, no mail rule on a holiday site apparently) telling me I owed them just over £200.

I politely told them to leave me alone and explained the situation, they said that Ctax is a priority debt, and I explained that I failed to see how I owed them the money and actually I have some rather more priority issues at the moment, and whether I owed Ctax to somewhere I used to live was rather low priority to finding a home for my family.

So we found a home, not what we wanted, in fact we can't stand it here, but it's better than a caravan again (I was a VERY stressed bunny in that van).

KBC have now sent thier Bully Boys, Rossendales, before I joined here I just made a payment of about £26 and agreed a payment of £100 over 2 months..... Which was fine then, now jobs have gone, savings have gone.

So Bully boys told me they are coming to collect my stuff after charging me £110 + Vat (Yeah right, I've read up on here what they can and can't do, they can stick their Vat right where it came from thankyou very much).

So I sent the standard "Got no money can you freeze for 6 months" to KBC via email and Recorded post. And got the following back.... I feel there MUST be room for futher negotiation, and can I REFUSE to deal with the bully boys? WE DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING WE CAN OFFER THEM, I made it clear and sent a balance sheet, so they know what I have coming in and out.

Not only that but we paid the Ctax right up to when we left, so I don't really see how we owe them anything.

Dear Mr *EDIT*

Thank you for your email regarding your Council Tax arrears at *EDIT*

Although I can sympathise with your current financial situation I am unable to hold payment on this account. Council Tax is classed as a priority debt and as such needs to be collected as non payment can ultimately result in committal to prison.This debt relates to the 2008/2009 Council Tax year and so should have been paid during that financial year.

As you are aware the debt is currently with Rossendales our external bailiffs. Due to your situation I have contacted them and requested that they make a more lenient arrangement with you. In order to discuss an alternative arrangement please contact Rossendales on 0845 644 4100. If you fail to contact them to make a new arrangement the current arrangement that is in place will continue and the bailiffs will seek to recover the payments for the agreed instalments of £100.

Due to your circumstances I would advise that you contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Welfare Rights office to discuss your financial situation.

Regards

*EDIT*

Billing & Recovery Officer

Income & Debt

Kettering Borough Council

Municipal Offices

Bowling Green Road

Kettering

Northants

NN15 7QX

Web: www.kettering.gov.uk

Please feel free to contact the *EDIT*

Edited by 42man

I'm not bothered, I don't live there any more, and plan to be as noisy as I can about this anyway, and only have the one "set" of Bailiffs to contend with, who already know that address and my current address via Experian "Credit expert", where they paid for my address information 4 times, so it's public info anyway, so if I remove it all I can't do a name and shame.

I would prefer advice on how to deal with this matter properly, rather than in my usual Cavalier methods.. I'm happy to deal with my online identity myself, but thank you for your concern

Edited by Hentooth

if you know the a/c details etc pay the council direct via internet banking and bypass the bailiffs.

they cannot refuse itthat way

even £10 will show willingness and p'haps placate the situation.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok sorry then you need to sar them and find out why they did not ack your leaving letter or if they ever got it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX, THANKYOU, the SAR will screw them to the floor effectively, until they have provided ALL the information they have on me and my wife (I'll add £10 for her as well) from 1994-2008, they can't do a thing... I'll bet they don't have the complaints I made back in 1996 about the light that was out at the end of the path that went thru our village LOL.

No, really, thankyou, this is just what I needed for what while I lived there was a real pain in the butt of a council, if I do really end up owing them this money, then at least I would have made them work for it.

Gary

Edited by Hentooth

Twice you have said you had paid up until the time you had left and yet you paid them £26 and made an agreement to pay more.

As bailiffs are involved then they have obtained a liability order from the courts.

When you receive the sar as advised by dx, if it shows outstanding amounts, do you have receipts of any kind to show you did pay up until the time you left the tenancy?