Should I deal direct for injury claim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've been involved in an incident, which wasn't my fault and I've been injured as a result. The other driver's insurance company have called me today and offered to 'deal direct' with my injury claim.

I am unsure whether to accept this offer or to go to a solicitor.

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice please?

Thanks

Do you know exactly what your injuries have cost you? (Apart from loss of earnings, there is pain hardship and suffering to take into account)

Do you know what specific injuries are currently worth (whiplash, sprains, breaks etc).

Do you know if any of the injuries will have a long term effect on you, your job or your sports?

Do you know what else you are entitled to claim for (travel costs, phone calls etc etc).

If you can answer yes to all the above then you don't need a solicitor and you will have no problem reaching a fair settlement with the insurers, if however you don't have a clue then I'd suggest you consult a solicitor (it won't cost you anything)

Mossy

I would just add to that, and I say it a lot at the moment- If you do choose to contact a solicitor, I would always suggest consulting a local solicitor- where you will receive a decent service from a decent solicitor. Alot of these advertised on the tv are massive companies and you usually speak to a 'fee earner' who deals with many claims.... if you deal with a local solicitor, you may find you benefit from a more personal service- from a SOLICITOR.

Edited by INSURANCEGUY
amended
  • Haha 1

Insurance Guy

If I can offer any help I will....

I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales :D

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN

FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)

I would just add to that, and I say it a lot at the moment- If you do choose to contact a solicitor, I would always suggest consulting a local solicitor- where you will receive a decent service from a decent solicitor. Alot of these advertised on the tv are massive companies and you usually speak to a 'fee earner' who deals with many claims.... if you deal with a local solicitor, you may find you benefit from a more personal service- from a SOLICITOR.

I'd echo that. It's very good advice and will certainly save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

Mossy