woman over white line hits us

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well been stung by a lady drinking.

we was on our way home Helen driving (named driver)

Helen started taking a right hand bend the long side.

woman coming down to wards us is over the white line car in front swerves and carrys on bang our wing mirror gone. Helen slams on brakes stops the car then i get out other woman trying to drive of.

catch up with her grab the keys she is rude and obnoxious claiming we had hit her. police called as she refused to give details police come details given she is breath tested and only just passed as she had been drinking.

she said to me she would pay cash for mirror etc that was sat night today wed get a letter in from AA insurance she is claiming for drivers wing mirror and wing on her 306. funny thing is police noted damage to cars 306 none maybe a scratched mirror ours wing plastics around arch and mirror and small scratch on rear panel. so i ring Quinn where now claiming for mirror arch and paintwork on rear of quarter panel. where going full swing i got photos of the lane and found the glass for the mirror at the side of the road near impact so that Tally's photos etc. does any one happen to know the main dealer price for black arch and a color coded wing mirror.

well i just rang the woman she is going to sighn a letter with her name on to let it drop she admited no damige again on her car. i said as long as she drops it then i will drop it i also told her that there was police notes noting damige to our car and not hers. i have had ours fixed keeping the old parts and it cost us a grand total of £20 to fix as its a old car not worth going throu the insurance for this amount or even genuwin new parts as car will be lucky to last one year.

any one have any idears on a letter i can type of to say that both partys are taking no action so we can send this to our insurance companys if there pesuing us.

You need to check your policy, if you've got MLP then your next course of action should be to A/ cease all communication with the other parties insurers and them direct and B/ ake a claim under the MLP and let them do their work, it's what you paid them for (assuming you have MLP) in my experience speaking to the other sides insurers is an absolute non starter, they're there to protect the interest of their insured and of course themselves, the more you tell them the more chance they'll have of finding a route out of paying you.

Sit down, write down the basics of your claim so as not to forget anything at a later date and keep it to hand and then make a claim

See here for a reference

Moneysupermarket.com - LEGAL PROTECTION

• Haha 1

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

the only contact from her insurance was a letter to state a claim started for wing mirror when i spoke to her today she had sent the forms of to her insurance company stating no cost as her car was ok so over the next few days i soppose i will find out if she has told the truth. to be honest it would be far more simple to let the whole matter drop than rather risk 50 50 as in most cases its how the claims go for this sort of thing.