Cancelling a Car Fianace Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went to a car dealer on Saturday and looked at a car.

I then spoke to the finance manager who said he would check to see if I could get it on finance which he said I could.

I then did the forms and that was that.

He informed me i could cancel within 14 days if i so wished but never gave me a copy of the credit agreement.

I then decided not to go with the car

on the Tuesday and sent them an email saying I did not want it.

Today Thursday I got a call from the dealer asking me when I was coming to collect the car, I informed them of my email, they said they didn't get it.

I then told them over the phone that I didn't want it and put me trough to the finance manager who then said I could not cancel.

when I then reminded him of what he had told me on Saturday, he said he would ring me back as he needed to do something.

He didn't call me back

I spoke to a solicitor who said I should be able to cancel within 5 working days as it was not signed at the finance companies office.

Can anyone offer any advice?

if you signed in a showroom i dont think you can cancel.

have a look in this forum or the welcome one.

sure i've seen this mentioned several times.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In order for a credit agreement to be legally executed, Both yourself and the Underwriters of the finance company need to both sign the agreement, So if you signed it on the Saturday and the underwriters didn't sign it until the Monday then on Saturday and Sunday would be the days that the credit agreement would not be legally enforceable. Keep a copy of your emai which you sent to them as this provides the date that you requested to cancel the agreement.

i have sent a cancellation letter on Thursday by special delivery to both the finance company the garage wanted none of it but when my solisitor called them they have started to change their tune they know i am not messing they have also made a slight spelling mistake in my name and got my address slightly wrong so dont know whats going on

Hi,

am a Finance Manager for a large car dealership.

As an above post stated, you have fourteen days to cancel the agreement if it was not signed on trade property.

As you signed in the dealership I am afraid you cannot.

However, again as someone has stated if you tried to cancel before the deal was executed then you have a right.

Did the finance manager give you a copy of the Pre contract and all subsequent documents at the time of sign up?

Did you purchase any insurance products, ie gap, ppp ect as these products do have a 14 day cancellation period.

Which finance company have you signed with?

Well if we are being pedantic, PPI is cancellable throughout the term of the loan if monthly premium payable.

The point i was trying to make is that maybe the poster got wires crossed in respect of the cancellation period.

The finance manager may have said you have 14 days to cancel insurance products ect and customer then thought this included the finance agreement.

If the original poster can let me have the above info i will double check for them.

Well if we are being pedantic, PPI is cancellable throughout the term of the loan if monthly premium payable.

not being picky 

most of the insurance crap is front loaded 

ive yet to come upon a car finance agreement with monthly payments for the insurance crap

On a HP agreement it has to be shown seperately, so the customer knows exactly what they are paying for. Ie if the total monthly payment is £200 per month and included in that is gap insurance of £15.00 per month it has to be shown

Car insurance/warranty

On a personal loan document they dont need to split them up (This is car finance only) just incase someone comes along and tries to shoot me down.

On a HP agreement it must be broke down for the customer so they can see

how much the car is costing per month,

how much the insurance is per month

and then a total monthly premium.

To be honest though some dealers may not follow the rules as they should

On a personal loan document they dont need to split them up (This is car finance only) just incase someone comes along and tries to shoot me down.

they do if ppi etc is added

On a HP agreement it must be broke down for the customer so they can see

how much the car is costing per month,

how much the insurance is per month

and then a total monthly premium.

To be honest though some dealers may not follow the rules as they should

that should also be provided in the statement of price