Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder jobmid Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

Default Cancelling a Car Fianace Agreement

I went to a car dealer on Saturday and looked at a car. I then spoke to the finance manager who said he would check to see if I could get it on finance which he said I could. I then done the forms and that was that. He informed me i could cancel within 14 days if i so wished but never gave me a copy of the credit agreement. I then decided not to go with the car so on the Tuesday and sent them an email saying I did not want it. Today Thursday I got a call from the dealer asking me when I was coming to collect the car I informed them of my email they said they didn't get it. I then told them over the phone that I didn't want it and put me trough to the finance manager who then said I could not cancel when I then reminded him of what he had told me on Saturday. He said he would ring me back as he needed to do something. He didn't call me back I spoke to a solicitor who said I should be able to cancel within 5 working days as it was not signed at the finance companies office.

Can anyone offer any advice?

The Tally so far in order of appearince:
    Intrum JusticaNow gone from my life
    MetropolitionGone and had to repay me 500 pounds
    Red(Lowell)Case Closed
    Aktiv KapitalWas so sad yo say good bye. Parting is such sweet sorrow.
    MBNA No CCA No Debt You lost
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Default Re: Cancelling a Car Fianace Agreement

if you signed in a showroom i dont think you can cancel.

have a look in this forum or the welcome one.

sure i've seen this meantioned several times.

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

i didn't pay any deposit and the guy did tell me that i had 14 days to cancel. no credit agreement was given to me showing the terms and conditions so they are already in breach of the consumer crediticon act 1974

Red(Lowell)Case Closed
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder johnny28 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2009

In order for a credit agreement to be legally executed, Both yourself and the Underwriters of the finance company need to both sign the agreement, So if you signed it on the Saturday and the underwriters didn't sign it until the Monday then on Saturday and Sunday would be the days that the credit agreement would not be legally enforceable. Keep a copy of your emai which you sent to them as this provides the date that you requested to cancel the agreement.

Royalties Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative

Cagger since
    Aug 2007

the above is corect if signed on trade premisis

where was the agreement signed
    off trade prem its 14 days

you need written confirmation so time is short

send the cancelation request by recorded delievery

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

i have sent a cancellation letter on Thursday by special delivery to both the finance company the garage wanted none of it but when my solisitor called them they have started to change their tune they know i am not messing they have also made a slight spelling mistake in my name and got my address slightly wrong so dont know whats going on

Red(Lowell)Case Closed
    Follows
    Following

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative

Cagger since
    Aug 2007

where was the agreement signed
    is it a hp
    fixed sum loan agreement

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

it was signed in the dealer and he said i had 14 days to cancel i do have a withness to this yes it is a hire purchase

Red(Lowell)Case Closed
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2009

Have you recieved anything in the post from the finance company with a signed HP agreement, with both your signatures on it?

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

not yet

Red(Lowell)Case Closed
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2009

I believe you are well within your rights to cancel the agreement and it seems that you sol is stating the same. This needs clarifying asap.

Basic Account Holder paydayloan addict Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

Hi, I am a Finance Manager for a large car dealership. As an above post stated, you have fourteen days to cancel the agreement if it was not signed on trade property. As you signed in the dealership I am afraid you cannot. However, again as someone has stated if you treid to cancel before the deal was executed then you have a right. Did the finance manager give you a copy of the Pre contract and all subsequent documents at the time of sign up? Did you purchase any insurance products, ie gap, ppp ect as these products do have a 14 day cancellation period. Which finance company have you signed with?

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2007

PPIicon etc has a 30 day period to cancel

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

Well if we are being pedantic, PPIicon is cancellable throughout the term of the loan if monthly premium payable.

The point i was trying to make is that maybe the poster got wires crossed in respect of the cancellation period. The finance manager may have said you have 14 days to cancel insurance products ect and customer then thought this included the finance agreement.

Anyway, if the original poster can let me have the above info i will double check for them.

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2007

Well if we are being pedantic, PPIicon is cancellable throughout the term of the loan if monthly premium payable.

not being picky

most of the insurance crap is front loaded

ive yet to come upon a car finance agreement with monthly payments for the insurance crap

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

On a HP agreement it has to be shown seperately, so the customer knows exactly what they are paying for. Ie if the total monthly payment is 200 per month and included in that is gap insurance of 15.00 per month it has to be shown

Car insurance/warranty

On a personal loan document they dont need to split them up (This is car finance only) just incase someone comes along and tries to shoot me down.

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

On a HP agreement it must be broke down for the customer so they can see how much the car is costing per month, how much the insurance is per month and then a total montly premium. To be honest though some dealers may not follow the rules as they should

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2007

On a personal loan document they dont need to split them up (This is car finance only) just incase someone comes along and tries to shoot me down.

they do if PPIicon etc is added

On a HP agreement it must be broke down for the customer so they can see how much the car is costing per month, how much the insurance is per month and then a total montly premium. To be honest though some dealers may not follow the rules as they should

that should also be provided in the statement of price

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE