Insurance company refuse to replace TV

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Looking for a bit of advice regarding my rights as a policy holder with home insurance contents cover.

Briefly, tripped over dog and fell against TV, stopped it falling over but TV did not work after bump. Started claim and insurance company collected TV for inspection.

Called today to say the TV inspected by thier INDEPENDANT company and they say that it was wear and tear to TV and power pack gave up. I pointed out that TV less than 3 years old and bit of coincidence that it stopped working after bump, also I could get my own INDEPENDANT company to state that it was possible the accident was the cause of the TV not working.

Do I have to just right this off or is there anything I can do to take this farther.

Thanks in advance

Dod:?

You could weigh up

- the cost of a new tv

against

- the cost of an independent report

- any discount you get/might get for having not made a claim

- the extra premium you might be charged if you have to move insurers because you get stroppy with this one, even if they eventually pay

- the hassle involved, possibly including having to take it to court

If you make a fuss and get an independent report saying the bump could have caused the problem then you might persuade your insureres to pay up.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

got a claim with indeset insurers abroad decide to bring in a company called delta claims services .there job is to look at this claim .who is this company what is there role also as this matter is over 6 months old indeset admit liabilityin writing .do my builders now need to cease work and await the outcome of the delta claims services .or what ..advice please. thank you