vodafone wont refund my money - help

loltel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this is turning into a nightmare....

4 weeks ago on checking my bank statement, i saw that vodafone had taken £317 from my account, i rang CS straight away to be told that was the cost of my bill because i had been in turkey using a turkish network ? - no i have not was my reply etc, they then said i had to take my passport to my nearest vodafone shop to prove i had not been in turkey, which i promptly did, then rang back while still in the store, after an hour they agreed it was a mistake and said my money would be refunded within 5 working days - after 7 working days i rang back, to be told they could not refund my money but have set up a credited account so my monthly contract bill will be taken out of it, i said that is not acceptable, i want my money back, they agreed again but said my bill would be taken off of the refund, £35, i agreed - should go into account within 7 to 10 days...i waited and nothing - today i rang again and was told the refund was processed yesterday and it was my bank holding the payment, into the bank i go, they show me the screen that there is no payment awaiting clearance at all, so back on the phone to be told again, they will try to set up a credit account...NO, i dont want it, i want my money back, the CS says she will escalate it to the manager and call me back, she did about half an hour later, the manager says he will work on it and a refund will be paid into m y account..yes you have guessed in 7 to 10 working days.

I also asked why i didnt receive my usual email/text saying what my bill was, if i had i would have stopped it and queried before the money was taken, was given the usual cant understand why, blah

what should my next step be ? trading standards, ?

sorry i am so irate, i have even made an appointment with a solicitor to try and get something done.

I apologise for my rant, but vodafone have stolen my money and i want it back.

Personally I'd send them a letter before action, advising that if the cheque they have advised is due to you is not received within there most recently stiplulated timescale that you will take legal action without further notice.

If the cheque doesn't turn up submit a Money claim online for the refund, plus fees, plus interest at 8%, you should also be able to seek a small sum in recompense for Voda wasting your time e.t.c, keep your claim reasonable and I'd be astonished if they didn't settle promptly.

Follow this thread instructions aswell

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html

Lee_Vodafone has helped a lot of people on this forum.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi loltel,

Since you posted a few days ago I really hope that you've now received your refund.

However, should this not be the case you're welcome to contact me using the instructions which locutus has kindly directed you to and as soon as we have your details we'll see what's happening and get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

hi lee

I did receive a response from your web team who said they had looked into the problem and hoped my refund would be in my account very shortly, i was offered decembers line rental free as a "sorry" which i gladly accepted, today in the post i received a letter from vodafone advising me that £20 had been credited to my account ? what it is all about i know not..is it my vodafone account ? again i repeat i dont want a vodafone credit account, and its not been put into my bank account ...I

have just returned home from work so i shall ring soon to find out.

Have i had my refund...no, of course not

Thank you anyway for your response.

Hi loltel,

I'm disappointed to hear that things have still yet to be fully sorted out.

As you've mentioned that you've emailed us previously I've had a quick look at of your records to see if I could locate but unfortunately I wasn't able to.

So you don't have to email us again could you send me PM with the email address from which you emailed us and I'll try to locate your details through our email system.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK