Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Chriley Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

Angry Parking Charge Notice Expiry Dates.

Is there a time limit that a Private Parking Company can persue you for a penalty notice?

I got a pcnicon on my car in a Hospital car park (I'm a Service Engineer and was on an Emergency Call out at the time) on the 13th of May 09 and recieved a letter via my car's leasing company and my head office from a debt collectionicon Agency stating I had not payed the Notice.

the problem is it had taken them 6 months to send this letter and I have heard nothing in the intervening months.

they want 60 quid off me and my company are going to deduct 17.25 which is the fee from the car leasing company that they are charging just to pass this on.

I did hear from somewhere that they have 3 months to do this or they have no further ground to chase payment. If so is there some legislation that quotes this?

ordinarily I wouldn't be that bothered but I only went to this hospital to cover for another engineer who was off sickicon and every time I'd been there previously I parked in the same place without any problem, I even had a sign in the car window stating who I was and where I'd be working.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative

Cagger since
    May 2009

Default Re: Parking Charge Notice Expiry Dates.

Whether they have a time limit or not is meaningless because they are not entitled to charge you in the first place, and have no means of making you pay. You can, if you wish, simply disregard them and bin their letters. Nothing will happen to you if you do.

The main trouble you have is that you have an intermediate imposing charges on you. Have you checked your contract to see that they can do this to you?

If you can get them to stop, or have any letters go straight to you without their involvement, then you can just ignoreicon anything that comes your way.

If you can't do that, then how many times are you prepared to pay 17.25 to resist a 60 charge? (You haven't been "fined" by the way.)

Basic Account Holder Chriley Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

This is the trouble, all correspondance is going to come via the leasing company and my head office so I can't cut out the middle man and ignoreicon the letters, otherwise I'd let the my company take the 17 quid and say I'd paid the 60 and see what happens, but another few months down the line I expect history would repeat itself.

Why are they not entitled to charge me as a matter of interesticon?

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    diskmandave Authoritative diskmandave Authoritative diskmandave Authoritative diskmandave Authoritative diskmandave Authoritative diskmandave Authoritative diskmandave Authoritative diskmandave Authoritative diskmandave Authoritative diskmandave Authoritative diskmandave Authoritative diskmandave's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    Ashton under Lyne

The leasing company need to name you as the driver and state
    that they will not enter into any further communication, then you
    can ignoreicon them!

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.
    If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big
    oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the
    Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...se-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...i-dummies.html

--
    KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk
    BORN FREE FOUNDATION
    --

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    patdavies Authoritative patdavies Authoritative patdavies Authoritative patdavies Authoritative patdavies Authoritative patdavies Authoritative patdavies Authoritative patdavies Authoritative patdavies Authoritative

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

You also need to check

a) the conditions of the vehicle lease, and
    b) the conditions that you signed/agreed with your company about deductions from salary relating toi use of the vehicle.

The lease probably allows them to make an adminicon. charge for providing information relating to NIPs and parking penalties. Your company probably has your agreement to pass these on.

However, what you actually have is nothing more than an invoice from a private company; and unenforceable at that.

Read through some of the threads here to compose a letter to both the leasing company and your employer pointing out the facts of life to them and making it that you view any deduction from your pay relating to this matter as unlawful

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    letshelp Informative letshelp Informative letshelp's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2008
    I am in
    hell

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE