Thomas Cook Worldwide vouchers

vusys1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anybody tried using these? I got £950 worth,on the back they say can be used in any Thomas Cook,Going places shops,or phone or online.

I tried online when i got to the payment screen,no where to input voucher codes.....called Thomas Cook,they advised that they do not have the facility to take the voucher codes online or over the phone,only in store. I checked their website and there is a recent "update" and i only found this under "Q & A"

If you want to use the vouchers online or phone,you have to pay by card & then send the vouchers in to get a refund against your card......no benefit there then cos you will lose any online discount as soon as you go in the store.....

If the terms have only been updated on their website how do they expect others to know?

• 5 months later...

Bumping this as I have vouchers and just tried to use on line. I will be going to a TC travel agents tomorrow to see what response I get to booking in the shop with the vouchers to get the on line price.

good luck.

Have you paid a deposit after booking online?

The website confirms if you have paid a deposit on a online offer you can pay the balance instore....but not with vouchers, I had to go instore and kick up a fuss as whats the point of the voucher if you still have to pay 1st then wait till you get refunded. They agreed that as I was not travelling for some time they would accept the vouchers via post and credit against the balance.

It is my son who was booking two flights and he went to TC travel agents and they accepted the vouchers in store. He told them of the on line price and in the end paid £17 extra which was a fee to agents they use with these types of vouchers to make the booking. It's not the perfect solution but has not had to pay by card and wait for a refund. No money was paid on line. This is a prime example how terms and conditions can be changed at the drop of a hat. The fact is the vouchers are money they are earning interest on whereby money is paid to the company in advance when a voucher is purchased. This really is not a fair solution to the consumer in this particular case with TC vouchers.