Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder vusys1 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2008

Default Thomas Cook Worldwide vouchers

Has anybody tried using these? I got 950 worth,on the back they say can be used in any Thomas Cook,Going places shops,or phone or online.

I tried online when i got to the payment screen,no where to input voucher codes.....called Thomas Cook,they advised that they do not have the facility to take the voucher codes online or over the phone,only in store. I checked their website and there is a recent "update" and i only found this under "Q & A"

If you want to use the vouchers online or phone,you have to pay by card & then send the vouchers in to get a refund against your card......no benefit there then cos you will lose any online discount as soon as you go in the store.....

If the terms have only been updated on their website how do they expect others to know?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    There

Default Re: Thomas Cook Worldwide vouchers

Bumping this as I have vouchers and just tried to use on line. I will be going to a TC travel agents tomorrow to see what response I get to booking in the shop with the vouchers to get the on line price.

Basic Account Holder vusys1 Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2008

good luck.

Have you paid a deposit after booking online?

The website confirms if you have paid a deposit on a online offer you can pay the balance instore....but not with vouchers, I had to go instore and kick up a fuss as whats the point of the voucher if you still have to pay 1st then wait till you get refunded. They agreed that as I was not travelling for some time they would accept the vouchers via post and credit against the balance.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    There

It is my son who was booking two flightsicon and he went to TC travel agents and they accepted the vouchers in store. He told them of the on line price and in the end paid 17 extra which was a fee to agents they use with these types of vouchers to make the booking. It's not the perfect solution but has not had to pay by card and wait for a refund. No money was paid on line. This is a prime example how terms and conditions can be changed at the drop of a hat. The fact is the vouchers are money they are earning interesticon on whereby money is paid to the company in advance when a voucher is purchased. This really is not a fair solution to the consumer in this particular case with TC vouchers.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE